SiouxSports.com Forum

New Coach

UND-SPORTS-FAN

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

What they don’t have is another sport to manage. 

Based on the UND and the SDSU official athletics websites, I have listed  below the sports each team sponsors.  SDSU sponsors more sports than UND.  Am I missing something about the statement "What they don't have is another sport to manage?"  I read that as something the poster thinks is correct and that provides some sort of benefit to SDSU.

UND Sports --

Eight men's sports are  listed:  Basketball; Cross Country; Football; Golf; Hockey; Tennis; Track & Field - Indoors; and Track & Field, Outdoor.   

Nine women's sports:   Basketball; Cross Country; Golf; Soccer; Softball; Tennis; Track & Field - Indoor; Track & Field - Outdoor; Volleyball.

SDSU Sports --

Eight men's sports but if Track & Field indoor and outdoor were  counted separately as does UND, then the total is nine men's sports:  Baseball; Basketball; Cross Country; Football; Golf; Swimming and Diving; Track & Field (indoor and outdoor) ; Wrestling.  

Nine women's sports but if Trand & Field indioor and outdoor were counted separately as does UND, then the total is 10 women's sports:  Basietball; Cross Country; Equestrian; Golf; Soccer; Softball; Swimming and Diving; Track and Field (indoor and  outdoor); Volleyball.

SDSU also sponsors a rodeo team for men and women although the rodeo team is not  considrered a part of the athletic department.

JackJD 

• Upvote 1

Year 1 Bottom half of conference, lose in championship by 36

Year 2 Bottom half of conference, lose first round 

Year 3 Worst team in UND history, one of worst D1 teams I’ve ever watched, don’t make SLT

Year 4 Finish 2nd to last in Summit League, lose in first round 

Year 5 Finish 3rd, lose in first round due to one of the biggest choke jobs you’ll ever see

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GoodGood said:

Year 3 Worst team in UND history, one of worst D1 teams I’ve ever watched, don’t make SLT

Year 5 Finish 3rd, lose in first round due to one of the biggest choke jobs you’ll ever see

It's been pain ever since joining teh summit 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GoodGood said:

Chaves will see contract extension with that record!   

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, CMSioux said:

SDSU wins natty in football and has both BB teams favored to go to The Dance. What do they have that UND does not?

I have spoken to this many times lately but since several coaches have left word has gotten out about the differences.  Leadership - Expectations - Accountability - were a few of the words that came up from my sources. I have called UND the country club and I do not back off of that still today.  SDSU has extreme leadership and vision and they hold their coaches to that.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JackJD said:

Based on the UND and the SDSU official athletics websites, I have listed  below the sports each team sponsors.  SDSU sponsors more sports than UND.  Am I missing something about the statement "What they don't have is another sport to manage?"  I read that as something the poster thinks is correct and that provides some sort of benefit to SDSU.

UND Sports --

Eight men's sports are  listed:  Basketball; Cross Country; Football; Golf; Hockey; Tennis; Track & Field - Indoors; and Track & Field, Outdoor.   

Nine women's sports:   Basketball; Cross Country; Golf; Soccer; Softball; Tennis; Track & Field - Indoor; Track & Field - Outdoor; Volleyball.

SDSU Sports --

Eight men's sports but if Track & Field indoor and outdoor were  counted separately as does UND, then the total is nine men's sports:  Baseball; Basketball; Cross Country; Football; Golf; Swimming and Diving; Track & Field (indoor and outdoor) ; Wrestling.  

Nine women's sports but if Trand & Field indioor and outdoor were counted separately as does UND, then the total is 10 women's sports:  Basietball; Cross Country; Equestrian; Golf; Soccer; Softball; Swimming and Diving; Track and Field (indoor and  outdoor); Volleyball.

SDSU also sponsors a rodeo team for men and women although the rodeo team is not  considrered a part of the athletic department.

JackJD 

Jack,

This was said in the heat of the moment without doing any research.  Obviously the "extra" sport I was referring to is hockey, which takes up a huge amount of UND's attention, as it is UND's flagship sport (much to the chagrin of many SiouxSports posters).

Dustin

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

biggest question i have after this debacle.......did Sather really improve his team/coaching this year or did the top few summit teams (sdac/oral) fall back into the middle of the pack.

Good point.  UND was better this year, yes.

But, SDSU, NDSU and ORU were all worse.  UMKC was better but flaked out in tourney.  St Thomas was about same.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Good point.  UND was better this year, yes.

But, SDSU, NDSU and ORU were all worse.  UMKC was better but flaked out in tourney.  St Thomas was about same.

Isn’t that the story of any low major conference?   Transfer portal and NIL are only going to make this more frequent in the coming years.  

• Upvote 1

UND is moving in the right direction. Would like to see a deeper rotation next year, should have confidence in more than just 7 guys.  Also need to work on D and definitely up the shooting percentage from 3 if we are going to continue shooting at volume. Despite the Onaha loss I feel better about BB next year than I do FB. 

• Upvote 2

the end of the game last night was pathetic. a continuation of the NDSU game where they couldn't adjust to the simple actions NDSU was running and also couldn't get the ball to their best players on offense. I'd be optimistic for next year but obviously they're going to lose Omot to the portal and then they'll be back to square one. i wish they'd stop cheaping out and just go hire boschee or mccollum

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

do the other 3 dak schools have / pay this?  

Screenshot 2024-03-11 12.37.25 PM.png

It's a pretty basic HR role in any decent sized operation, I'd be pretty shocked if they don't.  She's also a contractor, so this is clearly on an as needed basis, which makes sense.

31 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

It's a pretty basic HR role in any decent sized operation, I'd be pretty shocked if they don't.  She's also a contractor, so this is clearly on an as needed basis, which makes sense.

so if her services are used it's a no bid contract....name your price?

I don’t think we need a new cosch

injust think sather needs to tone his ego down some. This is some major d1 league

its low mid major

consult your assistants. You have Stevens who is a playas coach you have pit bull in herbst and you have a clapper in the other dude 

• Like 1