SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

21 hours ago, gfhockey said:

Believe it or not, we will still go on the road and play at the Fargodome in the second round if we even make it thereThe

The only win NDSU has over a team with a better than .500 record so far this year is Central Arkansas.  There are three games to go but their schedule and past performance could look like 1-2 or 0-3.  The records of the top five in the conference will be a tight bunch and they very well could be on the outside looking in.  3-0 would obviously change that.  This will be quite the race to the finish.  

On 10/28/2023 at 6:19 PM, Wilbur said:

Okay.  5-3.

@ Murray State.....who knows.

@ South Dakota.....a loss.

Illinois State......ummm.......

They could win all three or lose all three.  Not sure 7-4 gets them in any more with the last two weeks.

UND is beating Murray. Lets not question this.  

Here's my thought. The NDSU game unfortunately was this teams Super Bowl. That's the only thing that makes sense with the drastic left turn this season has taken. The good news is this team is exactly where many thought it would be at this time. A successful season is still in reach. On both the coaching staff and players to get this thing turned around. Extra emphasis to the Offensive Coordinator. 

Here is how I see the MVFC finishing up.

SDSU  11-0, 8-0....NDSU(W), YSU(W), Missouri St.(W)

UNI      8-3,  7-1...WIU(W), Murray St.(W), NDSU(W)

USD    8-3, 6-2...SIU(L), UND(W), WIU(W)

SIU     8-3,  5-3....USD(W), NDSU(L), Indiana St. (W)

UND   7-4,  5-3....Murray St.(W), USD(L), Illinois St.(W)

YSU    7-4,  5-3....Indiana St.(W), SDSU(L), Murray St.(W)

NDSU 7-4, 4-4...SDSU(L), SIU(W), UNI(L)

Ill. State  6-5, 4-4....Missouri State(W), Murray St.(W), UND(L)

Missouri St.  3-8, 2-6...Illinois St.(L), Murray St. (W), SDSU(L)

Murray State  2-9, 1-7...UND(L), Illinois St. (L), YSU(L)

Indiana St.  1-10, 1-7...YSU(L), WIU(W), SIU(L)

WIU  0-11, 0-8...UNI(L), Indiana St. (L), USD(L)

How many playoff teams and who are they?

16 minutes ago, petey23 said:

Here is how I see the MVFC finishing up.

SDSU  11-0, 8-0....NDSU(W), YSU(W), Missouri St.(W)

UNI      8-3,  7-1...WIU(W), Murray St.(W), NDSU(W)

USD    8-3, 6-2...SIU(L), UND(W), WIU(W)

SIU     8-3,  5-3....USD(W), NDSU(L), Indiana St. (W)

UND   7-4,  5-3....Murray St.(W), USD(L), Illinois St.(W)

YSU    7-4,  5-3....Indiana St.(W), SDSU(L), Murray St.(W)

NDSU 7-4, 4-4...SDSU(L), SIU(W), UNI(L)

Ill. State  6-5, 4-4....Missouri State(W), Murray St.(W), UND(L)

Missouri St.  3-8, 2-6...Illinois St.(L), Murray St. (W), SDSU(L)

Murray State  2-9, 1-7...UND(L), Illinois St. (L), YSU(L)

Indiana St.  1-10, 1-7...YSU(L), WIU(W), SIU(L)

WIU  0-11, 0-8...UNI(L), Indiana St. (L), USD(L)

How many playoff teams and who are they?

6. SDSU, UNI, USD, SIU, UND, YSU. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, F'n Hawks said:

I wouldn’t if the game was at home. 

14 hours ago, Irish said:

Because Bubba built on the excitement following the Bison victory and has a great road game record?

UND has no business losing to Murray. Period. Even with everything going on. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/31/2023 at 10:32 AM, nodak651 said:

With Leupke's performance in Dallas, I'm starting to think that NDSU has the potential to surprise and actually miss the playoffs.  I think losing him will make a way bigger difference than people think.  Realize how important he was to their offense, and their QB was still pretty bad for having the benefit of playing against teams that had to sell out as much as they did to stop the run.  Teams may not have to do that as often this year.  TaMerick Williams is good, but they also lost Kobe Johnson and the depth isn't the same.

On 8/31/2023 at 10:36 AM, GoodGood said:

Leupke didn’t play in the playoffs. Mattress Cam completed 1 pass in a semi final game and they won. I think they’ll be ok

On 8/31/2023 at 10:50 AM, nodak651 said:

For the record, I'm not saying they WILL miss the playoffs, just that they could.  Their offense performed well last year, but it didn't look as good as former NDSU offenses.  Their D wasn't that great, and they also lost more on D than usual.  Normally NDSU is replacing guys who played for a more dominant team, and they have never had this many losses from the transfer portal either.  Things just seem different this year than in the past.

On 8/31/2023 at 11:09 AM, UND-FB-FAN said:

You’ll be waiting a really, really long time if you’re hoping NDSU is going to regress so that UND can catch up. It’s not going to happen this year or in the near future. Simply put, they know football down there (coaches are competent) and they have the resources and support to keep reloading. In GF/UND, it’s an uphill battle year after year just to remind folks there are more (and better) sports out there than just ice hockey. 

Bubba and UND need to ascend and reach NDSU’s level, not the other way around.

Bison could miss the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I’ll admit, they’ve regressed some, but they’ll reload, so UND needs to keep pushing 

I will never doubt their ability to reload, but I think the high level recruits they have can show their worth in Fargo for a year or two and then hit the Portal as many did last year. 

NDSU has the Slukys and Northern Iowa left.  They will lose the one at Northern Iowa, but beat SIU at home and I think they sneak in.

If they don't make the playoffs Entz's seat will be hotter than a grinder with double hot sauce with no white sauce.

Maybe it's already hot now that they've run out of Klieman's players and losing to every Dakota School. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

NDSU has the Slukys and Northern Iowa left.  They will lose the one at Northern Iowa, but beat SIU at home and I think they sneak in.

If they don't make the playoffs Entz's seat will be hotter than a grinder with double hot sauce with no white sauce.

Maybe it's already hot now that they've run out of Klieman's players and losing to every Dakota School. 

haha^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

that's hot!

• Like 1