SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

5 minutes ago, shep said:

I’m listening.

I mean, if you were to pick one fcs program from the last 10 years to go FBS you’d be hard pressed to find an overall better candidate than JMU. They’ve got it all. Stadium, location, support, tradition, etc. Sam Houston on the other hand didn’t pass the eye test to me. The only thing they have going for them in being located in Texas. All other aspects seemed fcs at best.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

If we would have beat UNI and run the table pretty sure we would have ended up with Top 4 seed. If we do run the table from here out.....where do we end up? 10ish probably? Don't think we'd be able to crack the top 8 but would depend what else happens. 

Screenshot_20231026-133231.png

10 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

If we would have beat UNI and run the table pretty sure we would have ended up with Top 4 seed. If we do run the table from here out.....where do we end up? 10ish probably? Don't think we'd be able to crack the top 8 but would depend what else happens. 

Screenshot_20231026-133231.png

Part of it depends on how the USD/SDSU game goes this Saturday but running the table definitely puts UND back in the conversation for a seed.
Sagarin and Massey continue to rate UND favorably and it sounds like some of the non-biased polls are going to carry a little more weight this year.

23 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I mean, if you were to pick one fcs program from the last 10 years to go FBS you’d be hard pressed to find an overall better candidate than JMU. They’ve got it all. Stadium, location, support, tradition, etc. Sam Houston on the other hand didn’t pass the eye test to me. The only thing they have going for them in being located in Texas. All other aspects seemed fcs at best.

Not to mention JMU had the chance to move FBS like 5 - 10 years ago and they turned the offer down, didn't they?  Waited until the time was right.  Ended up joining the same conference anyway, but both JMU's program and the conf were in a better place when JMU finally made the move.  

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Okay.  5-3.

@ Murray State.....who knows.

@ South Dakota.....a loss.

Illinois State......ummm.......

They could win all three or lose all three.  Not sure 7-4 gets them in any more with the last two weeks.

7-4 our only good win is against NDSU in our SB at home. 

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, homer said:

Your right…..probably wouldn’t look good to the committee cause it was our Super Bowl 

I'm not saying it's not a good win, it was a very good win. It will be our only good win though if we lose to USD. If we lose to USD in a close one 7-4 probably gets us in, if it's another 27-0 loss on the road.....I dunno. 

24 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

NAU beat No. 25 UC Davis 

That is definitely good for us. I think towards the end of the game they showed that UND has somewhere around the 6th toughest strength of schedule so far? Thinking it was the schedule so far This season, but not the full season....didn't catch that for sure. 

Can always hope 7-4 gets us in.. 2015 UND and last years Youngstown have some complaints on that front.  If the loss to UNI had been a close game I wouldnt have any concerns, but getting smashed like that was not helpful.  NAU will end up being a decent win and Boise State is looking good and SDSU is killing everyone.  I could see our last game against ISU being for one of the last playoff spots as they will have a good chance of that being for 7-4 for them as well.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, wheelsup said:

Can always hope 7-4 gets us in.. 2015 UND and last years Youngstown have some complaints on that front.  If the loss to UNI had been a close game I wouldnt have any concerns, but getting smashed like that was not helpful.  NAU will end up being a decent win and Boise State is looking good and SDSU is killing everyone.  I could see our last game against ISU being for one of the last playoff spots as they will have a good chance of that being for 7-4 for them as well.

The Idaho State loss killed the 2015 team’s resume. They were really bad that year.

11 minutes ago, Und246 said:

If we finish 7 and 4 we more than likely will still make playoffs but will go on road. Believe it or not the thrashing of NDSU will carry a lot of weight. But let’s just go 8 and 3 and get a couple home games maybe. At least one home game. 

Believe it or not, we will still go on the road and play at the Fargodome in the second round if we even make it there

6 hours ago, Und246 said:

If we finish 7 and 4 we more than likely will still make playoffs but will go on road. Believe it or not the thrashing of NDSU will carry a lot of weight. But let’s just go 8 and 3 and get a couple home games maybe. At least one home game. 

The Committee owes us a home game. Both they and Patty know it. SUs Larson is under the microscope. She already called him incompetent out loud.

On 10/22/2023 at 8:35 AM, Midwestern Hawk said:

I don't understand the play calling early whatsoever.  Why so different than NDSU?  Is it because we had the lead vs NDSU and were behind yesterday?  Why not run the ball for 5 yards instead of always trying to pass for 5 yards?  When Ziebarth left the game, he had 4 rushing attempts for 27 yards...and Tommy was 6-9 for 46 yards.  Don't understand the play calling at times.

We will all feel better in a week.

I was wrong.

• Upvote 1