SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

13 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

I do agree that on this TD it should have been a better throw but it’s just asinine to believe next Saturday Jerry should be throwing to Kai and Hakim. Will Jerry end up a better QB than Tommy? Possibly, but it’s not right now.

You, hoops, goodgood and whoever else need to take your running bits somewhere else. I think you guys can provide valuable input but you get so stuck on played out bits. 

I will now be taking my huge football running bit somewhere else!! 

Some thoughts after two games.

• Offensively, on par or slightly better than last year. Very balanced.

• Defensively, feel improved. Need to get better @ tackling & 3rd and longs. 

• ST’s, big improvement from week 1 to 2. Not sure if it’s a strength, but feel better that it’s not a big weakness.

So far so good. As always, things to work on, but I’m excited to see where this team can go.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I do agree that on this TD it should have been a better throw but it’s just asinine to believe next Saturday Jerry should be throwing to Kai and Hakim. Will Jerry end up a better QB than Tommy? Possibly, but it’s not right now.

You, hoops, goodgood and whoever else need to take your running bits somewhere else. I think you guys can provide valuable input but you get so stuck on played out bits. 

bits?   against boise tommy is gonna have about 4 seconds less to throw that bomb to wes...........and more than likely they will be better coached to where he isn't running downfield ALONE.....

and the bo throw "drop radius" was so huge it's crazy....tommy could've dropped that throw in a circle about 25 yards wide in the end zone and bo would've caught it easily....instead he underthrew him by 10-15 yards

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Boise is 0-2 after a loss to UCF.  Possible backs against the wall game for them or maybe a trap game go through the motions type start is possible.

Great opportunity for our guys to get an FBS win. 

There always was an opportunity to beat Boise on a big stage. Boise starting 0-2 or UND starting 2-0 doesn’t change that.

Come out well-prepared with confidence and get it done. Want to build the program and take the next step? A win in Boise will help big-time. 

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

bits?   against boise tommy is gonna have about 4 seconds less to throw that bomb to wes...........and more than likely they will be better coached to where he isn't running downfield ALONE.....

and the bo throw "drop radius" was so huge it's crazy....tommy could've dropped that throw in a circle about 25 yards wide in the end zone and bo would've caught it easily....instead he underthrew him by 10-15 yards

Pretty sure it had nothing to do “with how NAU was coached” and everything to do with the DB tripping and falling down.  

6 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

He’s not gonna pass Tommy, but too early to say he won’t pass Feeney.

IMO it wouldn't make sense to move Jerry up to #2 this year if Tommy never gets hurt and the #2 just comes in for mop up duty etc., wouldn't make sense to burn his shirt for mop up duty.  However, if Tommy would go down with a season ending injury in say week 7 or 8 or something, then I think they'd have to take a look to see who would give us the best chance the rest of the way.  

I think when Tommy came in against Sam Houston as a true freshman, he was listed as the #4 QB.  1 and 2 went down.....and coaches new Tommy gave us the best chance to win even though there was someone listed ahead of him on the depth chart. 

8 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Probably, though if you are going to spend the money on some new gear, it would be nice to see it a bit more often. Hope we see them at least a few times.

With what jerseys? The grey helmets don't go with any of our current jerseys. Hopefully they have new uniforms to go with the new helmets. 

8 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

It has to be worth calling out how awesome Quincy Vaughn is on this team. Has played his role on this team and still just wanted to do more ... whatever it takes to help the team.

When I heard he was moving to TE, I thought "ok, here is a kid that can't be QB but they want to keep on the team". We don't throw to TE much and I figured it was just a way to keep the kid around. Q has been awesome so far. Does whatever he is asked to do. routes, blocks, runs, etc. Sounds like a great leader and just a great person off the field. Enjoyed watching the half time segment on him this week. Hope he has an amazing year and continues to be an impact player, and an advocate for UND (played a role in UND landing EJ Emery in hockey).

2 games and 2 TD. Plenty more to come, and looking forward to seeing the passing TD. When was the last time UND had a player, run, pass and catch a TD in a season?

Believe he has 3 TD's. One receiving against Drake and 2 this last week rushing.