SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

6 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Great interview with Patty Viverito with some interesting comments lol.  Pretty sure she calls NDSU's AD incompetent at one point.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/269-youngstown-penguin-footbal-116925821/episode/conference-commissioner-patty-viverito-joins-the-show-119278173/?cmp=android_share&sc=android_social_share&pr=false

She definitely called him incompetent - what is she going to do about it is the follow up question. 

16 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

It’s not a conspiracy theory to say the ndsu ad wanted und to play weber on the road. 

Exactly but there are only two possible reasons to make UND go on the road. Hatred for UND or incompetence, she chose to call him incompetent and not sure if that is any worse or better….

41 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Not sure where else to put this, but a big shout out to the UND athletic department. I saw they put out a tweet about picking up the free football posters for this season; which works if you are in town. As an out of towner, I tweeted back and asked if there was another way to get one for my son. I got a quick reply in my DMs to send them my address and they would be happy to mail us one. I've got a happy 9 year old who is excited for some football.

While I totally appreciate them going out of their way to do this, I'd have one recommendation for the school. Put any and all posters on your website, free if you can do it, but make the fans orders pay for the postage. I'd gladly order a few posters for my kids and pay for some shipping costs. Not much to me, but I can imagine that would add up as some unnecessary expenses for the athletic department.

Either way, big thanks to UND for going out of there way on that.

I would definitely buy one

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

UND discussion starts at 11:25, around 14:50. when asked about Weber getting to host over UND, Patty says that there has never been a time when the higher bidding team didn't host. The host suggests that SU's Larsen did nothing to stop Weber from hosting, just to hurt UND, Patty says "Sometimes you shouldn't confuse conspiracy theories with incompetence".  

I mean, she’s not wrong in this situation. Everyone knows it.

27 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

NAU is ranked pretty low in the Big Sky polls. Need to handle them by a couple of scores at home 

It’s the Big Sky though, you never know what kind of opponent you’ll face on which day. NAU is usually Tarzan at home and Jane on the road but you never know with big sky teams.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Exactly but there are only two possible reasons to make UND go on the road. Hatred for UND or incompetence, she chose to call him incompetent and not sure if that is any worse or better….

This should piss off the people south of here

no different than gene Taylor and his antics 

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

Worked out ok back when we were D2. That would be a nice road win on the resume.

Decided to drive up to UNI for that D2 game, and it turned out to be one of the best games that I've ever seen.  Multiple lead changes in the 4th quarter; the difference in the game was our speed (Dressler and Chappell).  Dressler scored on a 50 yd. pass play in the last minute to win it.  Exciting game plus plus.