SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

54 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

This goes back to coaching.  Not even close to enough player development under this staff.  Who was the great frosh  that improved a bunch under this staff?  Siegel was a great example.  He is the type of player(there have been a few others) who should have developed into a consensus all American.   It never happens at UND. 

I have mentioned the same thing to our group.  90% of the players regress under bubba.  Just look at Santiago. He goes from fresh all American to this coaching staff nearly killing him his senior year.  They copied and pasted every play with him powering up the A gap.  Hard to watch.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

With Kilty and Donny V (prototype OL for the play) I told Freund he should be running the old Washington/Riggens "counter trey". 

I'm sure he'll try it without them next season. < sigh > 

I’m honestly surprised they weren’t running this (or really any counter for that matter) this season. 

as the wise Bubba would say, hindsight is 20/20, so I guess we shouldn’t question it ….

• 2 months later...