SiouxSports.com Forum

Wilbur

11 hours ago, rochsioux said:

Of course the refs were sure of the call. Just because they were sure doesn’t mean they are competent and made the correct call. They certainly had a number of missed opportunities but that doesn’t absolve the officials mistake. 

I didn’t say they were good.  I didn’t see on the replay who recovered the fumble. I’m not sure they missed that one.  

On 12/13/2022 at 9:36 AM, geaux_sioux said:

They don’t have the same home field advantage anymore. 14k at the dome isn’t gonna give them the same advantage they used to get when their fans gave a !@#$

Do you still think the dome wasn't much of an advantage for them last night?   I'm pretty sure that place was worth more than the 3 point margin of victory.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

Do you still think the dome wasn't much of an advantage for them last night?   I'm pretty sure that place was worth more than the 3 point margin of victory.

Huge advantage.  Played major difference-maker for them over the last 12 years.  ESPN flashed the stats about it on the screen near beginning of game.  Does anyone think our game with Weber has a different outcome if it is in the Alerus?

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Huge advantage.  Played major difference-maker for them over the last 12 years.  ESPN flashed the stats about it on the screen near beginning of game.  Does anyone think our game with Weber has a different outcome if it is in the Alerus?

Absolutely things are different if we play at the Alerus.     I'll always believe in the dome field advantage.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, SlowHand said:

Side judge ruled #49 recovered and had possession at that point he was immediately down by contact before UIW player ripped the ball free while both were laying on the ground.

I just watched it about 10 more times.  49 was laying on the ball and ruled down by contact.

your blind if that is what you saw...

4 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

All in all, NDSU was the better team, sucks cause it was close, but NDSU still good enough to get to Frisco. Sickening. Disgusting. All words to express displeasure. 

How can you say they were the better team??  Completed one pass the entire game and gave up over 500 yards of total offense.  The more fortunate team, yes.  Better, no.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, SlowHand said:

Thats wayyy after the whistle blew and the UIW player pulled the ball away from 49.

Not sure why the whistle blowing would matter. Officials regularly blow a whistle and then sort out who recovered the ball. 

I'm not sure how you can take this very definite position. Earlier you shared a screenshot saying it was the precise moment the whistle blew and 49 is 100% not in possession of the ball. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

not that it should matter to play up to the cameras but when the iwu player recovered the fumble (which he did)...he should hold it up or stand up and make the first down signal....sell it to the reviewers

I dont think there was an issue of UIW not being animated that they recovered the football.

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Can anyone refute or explain those pics? 

Those pics are worthless. The endzone camera shows absolutely nothing other than the ball moving around. In that last image, the hand in front of the ball is from the top UIW player, not UIW 20. It doesn't show who established possession first. The real question is whether NDSU 49 got his elbow around the ball before UIW 20 snuck it out from underneath him. I honestly don't know from the one angle that we've seen that shows it. There were at least six possible cameras that had some sort of angle on the play and we only saw three of them(and one of those three was not zoomed or slowed). 

I'm not going to post screenshots, but if you can get the game on the ESPN player, go to 3:16:17/3:33:54. If you advance the frames slowly using the spacebar, you can see the nose of the football start to peek out to the left of NDSU 49's arm that's braced on the ground. Nobody has established possession yet. This is happening after all three of the pics you were referring to. If you advance the video slowly, you can see UIW 20 begin to insert his right arm under 49's body to get the ball, but 49 quickly cuts that off by pulling his elbow in. At that point, you can see the other nose of the ball peeking out of the crook in 49's elbow. 20's left hand and arm are also underneath 49's body trying to pull the ball out from under him. Before either can be determined from this angle, the ball disappears from view.

UIW 20 eventually retrieves the ball from under NDSU 49, but it's possible 49 was able to get his elbow around the ball before that and secure it for a moment. If that happened, the play was dead at that instant and nothing that happens later means anything. I honestly don't know who recovered the ball first, but neither does anyone else here. Since replay called it confirmed, I have to assume one of the other angles clearly shows 49's elbow around the ball before 20 yanks it away.

30 minutes ago, Hammersmith said:

Those pics are worthless. The endzone camera shows absolutely nothing other than the ball moving around. In that last image, the hand in front of the ball is from the top UIW player, not UIW 20. It doesn't show who established possession first. The real question is whether NDSU 49 got his elbow around the ball before UIW 20 snuck it out from underneath him. I honestly don't know from the one angle that we've seen that shows it. There were at least six possible cameras that had some sort of angle on the play and we only saw three of them(and one of those three was not zoomed or slowed). 

I'm not going to post screenshots, but if you can get the game on the ESPN player, go to 3:16:17/3:33:54. If you advance the frames slowly using the spacebar, you can see the nose of the football start to peek out to the left of NDSU 49's arm that's braced on the ground. Nobody has established possession yet. This is happening after all three of the pics you were referring to. If you advance the video slowly, you can see UIW 20 begin to insert his right arm under 49's body to get the ball, but 49 quickly cuts that off by pulling his elbow in. At that point, you can see the other nose of the ball peeking out of the crook in 49's elbow. 20's left hand and arm are also underneath 49's body trying to pull the ball out from under him. Before either can be determined from this angle, the ball disappears from view.

UIW 20 eventually retrieves the ball from under NDSU 49, but it's possible 49 was able to get his elbow around the ball before that and secure it for a moment. If that happened, the play was dead at that instant and nothing that happens later means anything. I honestly don't know who recovered the ball first, but neither does anyone else here. Since replay called it confirmed, I have to assume one of the other angles clearly shows 49's elbow around the ball before 20 yanks it away.

lot of words for...fumble...recovered by iwu.  simple.