SiouxSports.com Forum

Wilbur

2 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Doesn't matter if they are favored. They won't beat them in Frisco.....or in the playoffs, not happening. SDSU will feel all the pressure.....NDSU will roll them. 

Agreed.  A formality at this point.  Frisco and the Bison just meant to be together.  

Just now, Sioux94 said:

Doesn't matter if they are favored. They won't beat them in Frisco.....or in the playoffs, not happening. SDSU will feel all the pressure.....NDSU will roll them. 

Besides it is difficult for a team to beat a team twice. NDSU peed down their leg and made some crappy play calls last time. I don’t see that happening this time. SU should win by two scores. 

If Mt State wins they will not stand up to the physicality of SU’s run game.

3 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

“How was your team able to win?”

Correct answer was well paid officials. 

ICW turned it over 4 times. Poor special team play. Missed open receivers. Missed opportunities.  Miller carried the team with his run game when they needed him. Bison won a game when they weren’t playing their best. I didn’t see who recovered the fumble but refs were sure of the call the one I disagreed with was the TD pass but I could be wrong. ICW lost a game they could/should have won. Bison won one they could/should have lost. More than refs I thought ICW had too many unforced errors and missed opportunities. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, iramurphy said:

ICW turned it over 4 times. Poor special team play. Missed open receivers. Missed opportunities.  Miller carried the team with his run game when they needed him. Bison won a game when they weren’t playing their best. I didn’t see who recovered the fumble but refs were sure of the call the one I disagreed with was the TD pass but I could be wrong. ICW lost a game they could/should have won. Bison won one they could/should have lost. More than refs I thought ICW had too many unforced errors and missed opportunities. 

Of course the refs were sure of the call. Just because they were sure doesn’t mean they are competent and made the correct call. They certainly had a number of missed opportunities but that doesn’t absolve the officials mistake. 

2 minutes ago, UND Football Fan said:

Or keep them honest haha, seriously NDSU struggles the most where they cannot get the run game going. Also every quarterback they (NDSU) starts is a dual threat and against the good teams the qb runs are called more. 

Couldn't believe it on the 4th quarter....Word played man to man....with no spy.....so Miller easily runs it for 29 yards. 

34 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Who recovered the ball?

I believe the refs thought #49 for NDSU recovered it....in looking at the replay I am not sure #49 even knew the ball was loose initially. The Bison RB and UIW player looked like they had a brief battle for the ball underneath him and the UIW player ended up with the ball.

5 hours ago, skateshattrick said:

Kennedy was forced out at Colorado, so he was exposed as the bumbling incompetent that he was at UND

Still bitter about the womens hockey team???? Get over it the university is much better off now with those hard decisions he made. Kennedy may be one of the best presidents we have ever had!

24 minutes ago, cowboys5xsbs said:

What was the correct call?  It was obviously a fumble and Incarnate Word recovered it?  What part of that was incorrect?

The call on the field was a fumble recovered by the offense.  After the whistle the UIW player pulled the ball out from 49 and the other NDSU player.  

The replay confirmed all of the above.   

7 minutes ago, SlowHand said:

The call on the field was a fumble recovered by the offense.  After the whistle the UIW player pulled the ball out from 49 and the other NDSU player.  

The replay confirmed all of the above.   

49 never had the ball. Like ever. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

49 never had the ball. Like ever. 

Side judge ruled #49 recovered and had possession at that point he was immediately down by contact before UIW player ripped the ball free while both were laying on the ground.

I just watched it about 10 more times.  49 was laying on the ball and ruled down by contact.