SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ NDSU 11/19/2022

SiouxFan100

3 minutes ago, Devils said:

Pretty shocking to only be down 14 at half after feeling totally dominated.  I don't have much hope for a W with how our run D has looked, but I guess we'll see.

That’s how it looked when NDSU played SDSU, and in that case the scenario flipped in the second half, but then again SDSU have a better defense that just didn’t show up in the first half.

10 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

he offense that beats NDSU is a 4-5 wide, sling it everywhere style with a mobile QB. That is nearly impossible to recruit that many athletes on the edges at the FCS level.

I’m not referring to the 80’s Bizun, yes they can run spread but it all starts with the run. We are not recruiting/scheming dealing with the physicality and size of their line. Fargo can go I run and QB zone run read. We may have to go with 4 man line or a 4-2. With how our defense been over the past few years against a physical run team has been slow death with run (Nichols, and Spring playoff game) The last few years we have had a decent secondary, however this year it has been uncharacteristically horrid.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UND Football Fan said:

I’m not referring to the 80’s Bizun, yes they can run spread but it all starts with the run. We are not recruiting/scheming dealing with the physicality and size of their line. Fargo can go I run and QB zone run read. We may have to go with 4 man line or a 4-2. With how our defense been over the past few years against a physical run team has been slow death with run (Nichols, and Spring playoff game) The last few years we have had a decent secondary, however this year it has been uncharacteristically horrid.

Just too small up front in DL in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Nightmare start.  Looks like UND has settled down and we won’t see those miscues/fluky stuff in 2nd half.  How about a stop out of the gate in 3rd quarter!

Hopefully it isn’t too late. Typically you can’t play half a game against NDSU and hope to come out on top in the FargoDome.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Just too small up front in DL in my opinion. 

That I agree with.

I’m just referring to the difference in Bison teams from their veer years and today. The team you need to build to beat ndsu in 2022 is the type of team everyone in the nation is trying to build.
It isn’t scheme specific the way those 80s team were. 

5 minutes ago, UND Football Fan said:

Once again we do not recruit smaller guys on purpose. We just can’t get the big guys to commit to grand forks. Pretty easy to say we need to recruit bigger guys

Just now, homer said:

Guys just misfitting everywhere.  

But it’s the coaching to blame! Players filling the same hole…… confusion on the dj hart reception…….. tipped deep catch……… hands tO the face on a 3rd down incompletion…….Tommy’s fumble . yup all Bubba and his staff’s fault

the team has settled Down and focused, need to make a stop on the opening drive after half!

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Once again we do not recruit smaller guys on purpose. We just can’t get the big guys to commit to grand forks. Pretty easy to say we need to recruit bigger guys

Definitely agree.  Not saying we're making bad decisions but haven't been able to get those guys. 

Chicken and egg.  Don't get the big knockers unless you are making a splash nationally and don't make that splash until get the big knockers.  

• Like 1