SiouxSports.com Forum

USD @ UND 11/12/22

Dustin

4 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Nope. Just amazing someone would waste a few seconds of their life typing that. 

Other than our record and schedule difficulty all I did was copy and paste from your repeated posts the last few months.  You spent more than a few seconds telling us all those things over…..and over and over. 

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, homer said:

Other than our record and schedule difficulty all I did was copy and paste from your repeated posts the last few months.  You spent more than a few seconds telling us all those things over…..and over and over. 

Nope. You misinterpreted and exaggerated what I said to fit your narrative. Copy and paste isn't exactly accurate, is it?

I think the coaches could do better and the players could be better, but I’m beyond happy that they’ve won the last 3 games. Happy to see improvement. 

1 hour ago, homer said:

Well, at this point of the year I expected us to be a playoff team and we are, after having played one of the toughest schedules in FCS

“One of the toughest FCS schedules” is inflated by #1 SDSU being on it. Losing at SIU is looking more and more like a bad loss and the loss at FBS disaster Nebraska is certainly not anything to brag about.

Beat NDSU and all is forgiven. 

10 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

“One of the toughest FCS schedules” is inflated by #1 SDSU being on it. Losing at SIU is looking more and more like a bad loss and the loss at FBS disaster Nebraska is certainly not anything to brag about.

Ok dork

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Time of possession again

USD UND
Total Yards 248 351
Pass Yards 151 243
Rushing Yards 97 108
Penalty Yards 3-20 5-45
1st Downs 16 21
3rd Downs 8-12 5-10
4th Downs 0-2 1-2
TOP 23:30 36:30

Some of our (usually) touchdown drives this year have been amazing in time consumption.  Anybody have the actual stats?  I'm thinking 12 minutes against ACU (no TD, but last possession of the game) and 10 minutes today against USD.

2 hours ago, Dustin said:

I just looked on YouTube and haven’t seen them yet. 

Twitter has the individual TDs. I can also normally find full game recap highlights on there before they get to YouTube. Midco and UND media department both might be more worried about getting set up for the hockey game before they sat and edited. 

2 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Some of our (usually) touchdown drives this year have been amazing in time consumption.  Anybody have the actual stats?  I'm thinking 12 minutes against ACU (no TD, but last possession of the game) and 10 minutes today against USD.

How many times have we scored a TD on our opening drive this year.  Seems like we've gotten a TD on like half of our opening drives this....kinda crazy....but keep it up! 

35 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Lol.  Just forget everything you have said all year??

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

How many times have we scored a TD on our opening drive this year.  Seems like we've gotten a TD on like half of our opening drives this....kinda crazy....but keep it up! 

That's why I think we should go on offense if we win the coin toss.  BTW, did we win or lose the coin toss today?

2 minutes ago, Dustin said:

That's why I think we should go on offense if we win the coin toss.  BTW, did we win or lose the coin toss today?

Yeah but if they come right back and score on their opening drive right away, that great momentum from the first drive is shot anyway.  I think I'd still probably defer to get the ball to start the second half, but I can certainly see both sides of it.   If they score on first drive though, but we come right back and score.....it's kind of deflating for the team that just scored. 

1 minute ago, Sioux94 said:

Yeah but if they come right back and score on their opening drive right away, that great momentum from the first drive is shot anyway.  I think I'd still probably defer to get the ball to start the second half, but I can certainly see both sides of it.   If they score on first drive though, but we come right back and score.....it's kind of deflating for the team that just scored. 

Ordinarily I would be in favor of deferring.  But considering how our defense is compared to our offense this year, I see it like this:  take the ball, drive down the field and score.  Crowd is rockin'.  Defense gets pumped up to go out there and try to match the O's mojo.  Complimentary football.

15 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Wins is a part of the solution, but competing with the Ralph Engelstad Arena head-to-head will never help either. Best case scenario for football attendance is always UND football winning, Alerus Center doing a good job in production (of which work still needs to be done - end zone lounge seating anyone plus catwalk open?), AND the hockey team not playing in town. 

You are correct about the importance of winning. I don’t believe we competing with hockey or the Ralph. They are both an important part of UND and UND athletics. The hockey difference in addition to solid outside financial support, is that many of our hockey fans are otherwise NDSU fans and Hockey has had a long successful run. FB has been inconsistent especially through the slow transition. FB benefits from successful hockey, MBB, WBB, and VB as does the University. Anything bringing positive attention to UND will benefit the athletic programs.