SiouxSports.com Forum

USD @ UND 11/12/22

Dustin

Still too close for my comfort level throughout the game, but it turned out about exactly the way most thought it would. Kudos to special teams for saving the game. Great job by them. Defense still needs work if we’re going to win a playoff game.

3 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Still too close for my comfort level throughout the game, but it turned out about exactly the way most thought it would. Kudos to special teams for saving the game. Great job by them. Defense still needs work if we’re going to win a playoff game.

Agree, but when it's all said and done today....they only scored 19....not bad.  They are better with Bauman at QB than they were earlier in the year when they didn't look good.  Just when I said earlier....why the hell would anybody predict we hold someone to 20 points or less...we do it :D

Just now, Dustin said:

Only blip was interception in the end zone. ST bailed them out and then they cashed in. 

And he only threw that because it was 4th down....might as well throw it up and hope.  If that was 3rd down he throws it out of the back of the end zone.  

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

And he only threw that because it was 4th down....might as well throw it up and hope.  If that was 3rd down he throws it out of the back of the end zone.  

Good points. I was thinking the safe play was out the back of the end zone, even on 4th down. 

4 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Good points. I was thinking the safe play was out the back of the end zone, even on 4th down. 

Yeah woulda been safer because if it was incomplete they only get the ball on the 2.  But I doubt he was thinking about that....he was just hoping for a prayer on the jump ball.  

34 minutes ago, Wildfan said:

Lurpke (NDSU) returned to sideline in a sling.

I think the biggest matchup is Luepke vs UND defense. I mean, UND didn’t look great against Theis today, who runs with a similar style as Luepke. Now, if Luepke isn’t playing next week, that’s a huge bonus for UND football.

Might just have to attend the game next week despite having to be surrounded by those yellow ass-holes..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

they only scored 19....not bad.

Yes, but the reality is this team has only won 3 games. The defense bent and broke about as much as most people expected. Not great. Not horrible. Move on and Try to get better.