SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ UNO - Saturday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

8 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

Not a big fan of 3x3 but since it exists it would be nice if Berry learned how to coach it.  It’s all about puck possession and creating mismatches. It’s not taking every wild shot like you might in 5x5. 

I thought we had good puck possession in the 3 x 3, even with the penalty. 

• Upvote 1

Seems like we haven't seen a complete effort from our guys yet.  Steps ahead from last weekend but I think there is a bit more to be desired defensively.  

I think Omaha is going to rely a lot on Kucharski this season, and he had to be special to get them a tie this evening.  

Move on to Denver. 

Actually, I have a different perspective on the weekend. Like I said, I don’t think UNO is a “bad” team. Young maybe, but not bad. The Friday night game went in our favor, but heavily weighted by a marginal goaltender interference call and a major penalty on 17 whilst you could argue he was acting in self defense because he was fighting off two fists and a stick at the time. Tonight, 2 bars and a post in the first period. It very well could have been a much different outcome. The jury is definitely out on them, but time will tell. I just say this because everyone seems to believe the team should have wiped the floor with them. I happen to think the NCHC play is going to be more interesting than usual. As for the Sioux, I think they have the all the pieces, they just need to play to their potential.

• Upvote 2

4 game homestand coming up now. 
Denver will be a tough test for sure next weekend.  Miami is another one like UNO...you need to sweep those games if you want a shot at a high finish in the league standings.  I would love a 3-1 record over those 4 games...but with the consistency issues the team is having I guess I wouldn't be shocked at 2-2.

34 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

"We...ran into a hot goalie". Tyler Kleven

I knew one of the games would be a hot goalie game, we were due for one.

That game reminded me a bit of Saturday at Mariucci.  Team gets outshot big time, relies on goaltender, and steals one in the skills competition.

Blake is just a winner though.  Never a doubt in the shootout.  Not surprised he was out there first. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Midco on cable was not an issue (other than terrible uplink at Baxter, and that's on the host site).

If you're watching NCHC.tv make sure you're blaming the right folks. That was the home (Omaha) feed. 

Don’t think I’ve watched a worse feed in 7 years. Could barely watch, let alone listen to the series. ESPN+!!!

58 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Happy for both Judd and Kleven to get the monkeys off their backs, especially Judd. Once again losing a lead is troubling though.

Kleven’s goal was awesome. One goal isn’t exactly collapsing with a 3 goal lead with 6 minutes to go. They’ll be fine.