SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Youngstown 10/8/22

SiouxFan100

18 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Can't feel the best about a razor thin win

Essentially because of a blocked punt for a TD.

They really did "steal one."

Stealing on the road is the name of the game.  Back in the NCC days Bill Fitch said win at home and split on the road.

Oh by the way.  I held a top secret crypto clearance for NSA.  Just so you know.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Wow....how to be a blind color commentator during a football game 101 there.  Glad UND beat Youngstown and him. 

What's up with Midco going with the opposing team guy again for color?  Are there Youngstown fans watching on Midco?  ESPN+ didn't even pick up the Midco broadcast, I believe. Didn't enjoy that broadcast, but loved the game!  Huge win.

24 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Can't feel the best about a razor thin win

Essentially because of a blocked punt for a TD.

They really did "steal one."

Clock Management would have subtracted some points by Youngstown.  Tommy played well but 2 big overthrows, too.  So ya the blocked punt was HUGE but it's not like we didn't have other "outs" during the game for the good guys!!  It's a well deserved win.

• Upvote 1

Just now, ChrisUND1 said:

What's up with Midco going with the opposing team guy again for color?  Are there Youngstown fans watching on Midco?  ESPN+ didn't even pick up the Midco broadcast, I believe. Didn't enjoy that broadcast, but loved the game!  Huge win.

I would guess long game plan.

First UND gets good coverage on the road.

Guessing long Midco wants much more geography coverage.  Win win for UND and Midco. WDAY on the outside looking in.

1 minute ago, gundy1124 said:

Clock Management would have subtracted some points by Youngstown.  Tommy played well but 2 big overthrows, too.  So ya the blocked punt was HUGE but it's not like we didn't have other "outs" during the game for the good guys!!  It's a well deserved win.

Well deserved win on the road.

3 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

Dude keep talking about the Bison. Wasn't sure if he was confusing the teams or just had a quota he had to meet for a bet he had with his buddy.

3 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

In prior years when Midco sent Alex on trips to capture highlight film he went alone on the team plane. I am assuming it's either part of the deal to be able to broadcast at their stadium or more likely UND reserve one seat for Midco and Midco isn't going to pay extra to send a 2nd with costs expecially if their coverage won't be available on ESPN Plus.