SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Youngstown 10/8/22

SiouxFan100

18 minutes ago, UND Football Fan said:

They said Mike Tomczak was an unpaid advisor to the offense or QB play during the game. I wonder how much influence he has in the game planning.

His son got a scholarship.  I'm sure he give good advise.  Sure helped the bears.

The denying of the 2 point conversion was huge, it saved us from them having kick for the tie. 

I also felt the o-line played better, but I feel the pass game is setting up the run very well. SDSU’s defense may be better than NDSU’s. We may need to continue with that and use our pass game as an extension of our run game…enough about thinking about two weeks from now. I need to enjoy this one as a fan.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

Damn. I picked a bad time to inadvertently log out. 
couldn’t remember my password, what I wrote it on, or where I hid it. 
Glad my wife came home to give me a hand. 

A very important win for sure. Congratulations to the team 

I love when wife’s give a hand

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, UND Football Fan said:

The denying of the 2 point conversion was huge, it saved us from them having kick for the tie. 

I also felt the o-line played better, but I feel the pass game is setting up the run very well. SDSU’s defense may be better than NDSU’s. We may need to continue with that and use our pass game as an extension of our run game…enough about thinking about two weeks from now. I need to enjoy this one as a fan.

o-line is doing great...

41 minutes ago, ChrisUND1 said:

What's up with Midco going with the opposing team guy again for color?  Are there Youngstown fans watching on Midco?  ESPN+ didn't even pick up the Midco broadcast, I believe. Didn't enjoy that broadcast, but loved the game!  Huge win.

Seems like they are picking a local to do color

get coach Berg to do it.

Just now, SiouxFan100 said:

Youngstown got the benefit on many holding plays. On the line and with their dbacks. Plus a few questionable no calls on pass interference.

we persevered. 

Homefield advantage.  Happens play through.  Not so sure we did in the past.  Today we did.

1 hour ago, gundy1124 said:

Clock Management would have subtracted some points by Youngstown.  Tommy played well but 2 big overthrows, too.  So ya the blocked punt was HUGE but it's not like we didn't have other "outs" during the game for the good guys!!  It's a well deserved win.

Some PI on some of those didn’t help, Bo might have had the one

• Upvote 1

Site got overloaded so I couldn't log in late in game. 

Special teams - some good and some bad.  missed another fg and long kick returns.  Poor punt at end of game. 

Blocked punt was difference in the game.  Recovery of semi-onside kick was huge.  Had a couple of good kick off covers later in the game.  

37 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Homefield advantage.  Happens play through.  Not so sure we did in the past.  Today we did.

Probably the worst MVFC officiating I’ve seen in a long time. I thought we were playing OOC today. Not sure how you don’t give Bo the first down on that one review. Looked clear as day! Then a review on the QB sack? Seriously? Wasn’t even close to targeting!

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Special teams - some good and some bad.  missed another fg and long kick returns.  Poor punt at end of game. 

Blocked punt was difference in the game.  Recovery of semi-onside kick was huge.  Had a couple of good kick off covers later in the game.  

Spot on.

11 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Probably the worst MVFC officiating I’ve seen in a long time. I thought we were playing OOC today. Not sure how you don’t give Bo the first down on that one review. Looked clear as day! Then a review on the QB sack? Seriously? Wasn’t even close to targeting!

You must have forgot the BigSky.  They missed some big calls but nothing like Big Sky!!

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Blocked punt was huge but what if we get the ball back with good field position and drive down for a touchdown and burn 4+ minutes off the clock? That scenario might have been better as I feel like we scored too quick at times this game 

That 4th down play was huge. Great play call by Holinka to bring 7. We knew they would throw it and had to get 16 yards down field. They put CJ out there all alone on their big WR and put trust that he would make a play. CJ made a good tackle and if not it would have been a TD. If they score there we would still have 1 min left to get a FG so that’s not as risky of a bet for our DC.

YSU made a big mistake to quit running on that last drive. They had 4 min to play with. Going one dimensional gave UND the advantage in the pass game. YSU should have taken what we gave them like they had all game. YSU passed great for a running team because we committed to stopping the run. We may have to the same against NDSu and make the beat you through the air.