SiouxSports.com Forum

Nebraska Predictions

UND Fan

I know Nebraska has fallen on some hard times. But I have been to games in the early 90s in Lincoln when Osborn was coaching. Come game day you see a sea of Red headed to Lincoln. They take their football as serious as we do Hockey and their fans travel similarly like we do. 

I don’t know how many of their fans will turn out for this game but this is a big time environment. A very good mental and physical test today. 

Does UND have a chance, we shall see how prepared and ready the boys are. 

Hope we can be competitive and keep it within reason. 

37 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I am afraid that this is a trap game for us. Hopefully we aren’t looking past Nebraska and toward or next game. If we win then we just do what was expected - we lose and then our fan base turns on us.

:D

Crazy take.

There’s no way in hell UND cares about UNI at this point. They will next week, but not today. UND is going to be playing in front of 90,000 fans against a Big Ten opponent. No way UND gives a flying !@#$ about next Saturday. UND should be - and will be - in the present and only the present.

Now, with that said, I still don’t think UND will have the mental edge to overcome today and get the win unless Nebraska comes out crazily unprepared and hands it to UND … which could happen as Nebraska has been known to do that of late … but usually against other Big 10 teams.

13 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Crazy take.

There’s no way in hell UND cares about UNI at this point. They will next week, but not today. UND is going to be playing in front of 90,000 fans against a Big Ten opponent. No way UND gives a flying !@#$ about next Saturday. UND should be - and will be - in the present and only the present.

Now, with that said, I still don’t think UND will have the mental edge to overcome today and get the win unless Nebraska comes out crazily unprepared and hands it to UND … which could happen as Nebraska has been known to do that of late … but usually against other Big 10 teams.

I believe the post was sarcasm, hence the emoji at the end…

Don’t know what the score will be but this is where the team captains need to come in and get the team going in right direction

will see what kind of speed they have compared to us and how the lines match up

hang for awhile and doubt will get in Nebraska helmets 

16 minutes ago, Kab said:

Don’t know what the score will be but this is where the team captains need to come in and get the team going in right direction

will see what kind of speed they have compared to us and how the lines match up

hang for awhile and doubt will get in Nebraska helmets 

Nebraska has more speed and talent up front, that’s not a question.

What is the question (and also creates an opportunity for UND to hang around and instill doubt into Nebraska) is which team is better prepared and mentally tougher in this game. PENALTIES and TURNOVERS can keep UND in this thing and lead to a UND upset IF UND is the better prepared team. Given Scotty Frost’s tenure at Nebraska, it is possible, but Bubba’s teams have had their fair share of lapses also ..

57 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Draft Kings....UND +33.5 U/O 63.5

The Wynn......UND +30.5 and 60.5

FanDuel.........UND +34.5 and 63.5

NEB 42 UND 13

We beat the spread, I don’t see Nebraska coming out flat. P5 talent will overwhelm UND. Nebraska never has been as bad as the sports world likes to make fun of.

21 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Nebraska has more speed and talent up front, that’s not a question.

What is the question (and also creates an opportunity for UND to hang around and instill doubt into Nebraska) is which team is better prepared and mentally tougher in this game. PENALTIES and TURNOVERS can keep UND in this thing and lead to a UND upset IF UND is the better prepared team. Given Scotty Frost’s tenure at Nebraska, it is possible, but Bubba’s teams have had their fair share of lapses also ..

If both teams come out prepared UND will be outmatched. Simple as that