SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Nebraska 9/3/22

SiouxFan100

8 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

Anyone who has ever played sports understands that the coaches job is to prepare the players and put them in a position to succeed. The players need to execute. Kostich can’t kick, block, tackle, punt etc. The only players I played with, coached or have been involved with that blamed the coaches tended to be losers. Does your lady friend have any eligibility left?

As far as comments about what others felt were positive points, those are factors that when breaking down a game are factors. Time of possession (controlling the ball) against a team with the weapons Nebraska has means those weapons are on the bench. It’s an indication that there were positives to take away from a loss like this. 

and this why und football has sucked for almost 20 years now.

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Wildfan said:

Watched both games today and Nebraska last week. Nebraska offense looked heck of alot better. Iowa has the much better Defense it appears. Small sample size. But SDSU wasn't doing anything impressive either. 

The top MVFC offense looked like dog !@#$ today, but that must just mean that Iowa is a crappy team……

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

You are welcome to be an Ag U fan….. See ya!

UND is behind the top regional teams because we didn’t move up to D1 at the same time. Been digging us forever to gain back any recruiting edge we once had.

3 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Nebraska has a better roster than the top MVFC team and it’s not even close. But ok you are the expert….

My response was to someone saying NE wouldn’t win the MVFC.  But they are proud of UND.  I’m just saying it doesn’t make sense.  

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

when u lose a game people point out dumb stuff like TOP, turnover margin, ...how about we just win the damn game one way or the other

You are seriously an idiot. You bring nothing intelligent to this board. Just because we lost doesn’t mean they didn’t try to win. Seriously the bandwagon will take you…. Good bye

14 minutes ago, Norhsidepride said:

Just going to point out that every corner that stepped on the field today except Siegel had played like a combined 10 snaps of D1 football.  Hembry and Bishop 0.  Nelson an Roberson transfers hurt bad.  
And, Siegel had 0 targets today in man coverage. He came off his man to break up the pass at the goal line 

Transfers from the secondary hurt bad today. 

8 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

You are seriously an idiot. You bring nothing intelligent to this board. Just because we lost doesn’t mean they didn’t try to win. Seriously the bandwagon will take you…. Good bye

“Titles are all that matter, screw good seasons when you cant win it all! I had enough of that in college. The season gets boring when you consistently choke when it mattersmost.”

So you have different standards?

• Downvote 1

just got done watching florida "upset" Utah.

by the looks florida's qb is an average throwing QB BUT when you can run and get 10 yards per rush that is hard to game plan against.....

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT
Anthony Richardson 17/24 168 7.0 0 0
TEAM 17/24 168 7.0 0 0

57.png&h=100&w=100Florida Rushing
  CAR YDS AVG TD LONG
Anthony Richardson 11 104 9.5 3 45
Montrell Johnson Jr. 12 77 6.4 1 17
Trevor Etienne 5 64 12.8 0 21
Nay'Quan Wright 10 39 3.9 0 14
Team 1 -2 -2.0 0 0
TEAM 39 282 7.2 4 45

3 hours ago, MNHawk said:

I don’t blame fans for questioning the talent evaluations of the offensive staff. This is the same staff that started the 2020 season with Dalton Gee getting carries over Skokna and Weah. 

Are you the poster formally known as Midwestern Hawk?

22 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Thats pretty crazy, because 19 years I was a freshman in college and making a trip with the band to the National Championship game in Alabama. This was followed by several strong years. But ok.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, ksixpack said:

There is no chance that QB for Nebraska is better than every QB in the MVFC.

Thats a bold statement based on a very limited amount of work. I feel like we need to see how the season plays out.

Who do you think is absolutely better? Cam Miller? Marc Gronowski? Who?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Thats pretty crazy, because 19 years I was a freshman in college and making a trip with the band to the National Championship game in Alabama. This was followed by several strong years. But ok.

since 2005 how many playoff games in d2 or fcs (other than winona state or pitt state or whatever first round team in d2) have we won?

that's almost 20 years.

There is such a repetitive cycle on this board where people say they aren’t ok with being a middling program, but then can’t handle any criticism of the team during the season.

Every off-season:

”We need to stop being ok with mediocrity, it’s time to take the next step and hold this program to a higher standard”

Every game thread:

”They tried their best, and it was a good effort. That’s all we can ask for.”

At what point do we expect a coaching staff to put together a legitimately good team? Every single year under Bubba our offense has looked lethargic. Every single year we have had poor special teams. Every single year we’ve had an inability to finish games against great teams.

I am ok with losing to Nebraska. I am not ok with losing to Nebraska as a result of very predictable causes like yet another subpar passing game.

I know I am being harsh on this staff and team, but it is year 9 and they haven’t got it done yet. It’s time to hold their feet to the fire and ask ourselves if they have the ability to solve these problems and become an elite program. 

At the end of the day, this looks very similar to the previous Bubba teams we have seen. Poor passing game and poor special teams. We will go as far as the defense can take us. If the D is elite, we will go 8-3, if it’s just “pretty good”, we will go 6-5. Having the same weaknesses year after year is uninspiring and tiring. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

3 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Poor special teams...really?  Passing I understand.

We had some poor punts including one that was blocked. No real positive plays. We definitely lost the special teams battle today, but it is probably fair to argue exactly how badly we lost it. 

Maybe calling the special teams play “poor” in the Bubba era is a bit unfair. It has been “consistently inconsistent”. Far from the steady, reliable special teams play that you see in most of the best teams. 

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Nebraska has a better roster than the top MVFC team and it’s not even close. But ok you are the expert….

Nebraska may have better athletes than the top MVFC team, but that doesn’t mean they are a better football team than the top MVFC team. There is a difference.

2 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Nebraska wouldn't finish any better than 3rd in the MVFC.  Nebraska is bad and has been for quite some time.  They will be lucky to win more than a game in the Big 10 this season.