SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

7 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Augustana already in the CCHA, assumedly. Would be a shock if it's Lindenwood or an entirely new program.

I've heard the same thing. 

On 5/12/2022 at 12:31 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Why are they leaning towards relocating the NCHC headquarters from Colorado to Minnesota? Was that a condition put in place by the incoming commissioner? 

25 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Why are they leaning towards relocating the NCHC headquarters from Colorado to Minnesota? Was that a condition put in place by the incoming commissioner? 

Looking at the NCHC map, one could wonder why the NCHC was based out of Colorado in the first place.  The logical place would be centrally located and where the NCHC Frozen Faceoff is played.  I don't know how anyone could be against moving the headquarters to St Paul/Minneapolis.

2021-22_NCHC_Map.jpg

29 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Looking at the NCHC map, one could wonder why the NCHC was based out of Colorado in the first place.  The logical place would be centrally located and where the NCHC Frozen Faceoff is played.  I don't know how anyone could be against moving the headquarters to St Paul/Minneapolis.

2021-22_NCHC_Map.jpg

Why is any corporate or organizational HQ located where it is? 

Guessing $$$ had a lot to do with it.  Local tax incentives, perhaps.  Maybe someone had an inside track on real estate/office leases.  Maybe there was a critical mass of qualified or uniquely experienced workers nearby (think multiple D1 schools, USA Hockey, WCHA).

Anywhere with an airline hub and a desirable place for staff to live would check most of the boxes.  Colorado has long had a dynamic and thriving economy.  Legal weed.  Take your pick.  :)

3 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Why is any corporate or organizational HQ located where it is? 

Guessing $$$ had a lot to do with it.  Local tax incentives, perhaps.  Maybe someone had an inside track on real estate/office leases.  Maybe there was a critical mass of qualified or uniquely experienced workers nearby (think multiple D1 schools, USA Hockey, WCHA).

Anywhere with an airline hub and a desirable place for staff to live would check most of the boxes.  Colorado has long had a dynamic and thriving economy.  Legal weed.  Take your pick.  :)

Well, now that I take a second to think about it, Minnesota is probably one of the worst places to have your business because of one of the highest corporate tax rates in the country.  

57 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Well, now that I take a second to think about it, Minnesota is probably one of the worst places to have your business because of one of the highest corporate tax rates in the country.  

Doesn't stop 3M and others from being successful there.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

You're not wrong, but that's of no concern to the NCHC.

They file a Form 990 with the IRS; they are not for profit. As such, they pay no taxes. 
Any money they make they retain for expenses/costs or give back to the schools. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I guess I didn’t see where this was brought up, only that the press conference was at the X. 

On 5/12/2022 at 1:31 PM, The Sicatoka said:

So she started out at Denver, are we going to continue to see the same kind of leadership that thinks Denver can do no wrong when it comes to major penalties and suspensions?  

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

You're not wrong, but that's of no concern to the NCHC.

They file a Form 990 with the IRS; they are not for profit. As such, they pay no taxes. 
Any money they make they retain for expenses/costs or give back to the schools. 

Or maybe they could give back to the fans by lowering the price of NCHC.tv?

5 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Coming along, the score board seems small 

I can't believe an NHL team is gonna play there, let alone a NCAA team...the whole arena looks so small.
Looks like the size of Purpur Arena.  :) ;) 

2 hours ago, brianvf said:

I can't believe an NHL team is gonna play there, let alone a NCAA team...the whole arena looks so small.

I think they should have done something like Baxter Arena. There are 4 campuses, and they could easily get 7k when the other teams are bad. 

7 hours ago, brianvf said:

Scheels Arena in Fargo is giggling. 
So is REA-TRF. 

20 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

WCHA was headquartered in Denver.

14 hours ago, tnt said:

So she started out at Denver, are we going to continue to see the same kind of leadership that thinks Denver can do no wrong when it comes to major penalties and suspensions?  

Answer will be no, it will be St. Clowns.......

1 hour ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

Please just move them to Quebec or Houston already 

Arizona has the role of the 1970's version of "Hawaii Five-O".

The original Five-O was filmed in Hawaii and back then every CBS exec had to "check on production" and take a two-week junket (boondoggle) to the set. When Five-O was reaching it's useful life those CBS exec's paid Hawaiian vacations were going away.

But lo-and-behold just as Five-O was going away, along comes a Texan with a fake British accent, a couple Doberman pinchers, a slickster named Rick, a chopper pilot, a Ferrari, ... and Tom Seleck's mustache. Magnum PI kept an excuse for CBS execs to go to the islands to "check on production" for about another decade.

And gee-why were those shows 're-imagined" recently? <-- That's rhetorical. 

For NHL execs, especially the Canadian ones, Arizona in winter is "Hawaii 5-0/Magnum PI. " --> Gotta go and watch the team on the road ... 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sweethockey said:

Craig Morgan is the one to get information on the Coyotes, a lot of miss information for the girl who did the story for the athletic