SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

As for Miller, the Cancel Culture folks live to keep people like him down FOREVER. They won't quit. It would be more than a college can handle. They don't believe in forgiveness or redemption.

To be clear, Miller would need to impress the victim of his bullying that he's rehabilitated.  Not sure that is ever going to happen. That would need to be the first step.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The team needs (in order):

• offense (a couple guys that create) 
  • speed across the board
  • goaltender to pair with Hellsten (and it just might be Hedquist) 
  • (late add/edit) a faceoff winning center man, and if that ends up as part of bullet point one, so be it
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The team needs (in order):

• offense (a couple guys that create) 
  • speed across the board
  • goaltender to pair with Hellsten (and it just might be Hedquist) 

Maybe they get a tender through the Portal? I guess we will find out. 

On 3/25/2022 at 6:20 AM, AJS said:

Transfer Portal: I won't name the name, but there's one Forward that clearly sticks out as someone who never materialized into the roll he was brought in to play. Hope that a fresh start does both well.

It's OK, you can say it. We all know it's Budy. 

• Upvote 1

Dear Tyler Kleven,

Two notions for you to ponder:

1. Luke Witkowsky - NHL talent, but an over willingness to make the big hit and take the dumb penalty with it. At. Every. Level. And he's led an AHL life because of it. I tried to tell him he needed to learn to reign it in, but I guess that fell on deaf ears. (How'd I tell him? I know his billet family during his time with the Fargo Force.) 

2. JBD - Eight games. Eight. The rest of the year on the Belleville bus. And you'd be in the same franchise defense corps. You better than Sanderson and JBD? Otherwise you'll just be another one that rides the bus

So, Mr. Kleven, allow me to tell you what I've said before (see above) ...

Learn to play within the game while it's still fun and not a job. 

Thank you for your time,
The Sicatoka 

• Upvote 1

Jeez, some guy wearing a Bison hat kept walking by me and saying “sorry about the hockey team” every time he passed by. 
I almost thumped him right there in Cracker Barrel but I was a bit leery of his cane. He looked like he knew how to wield it. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Fry Bread said:

Jeez, some guy wearing a Bison hat kept walking by me and saying “sorry about the hockey team” every time he passed by. 
I almost thumped him right there in Cracker Barrel but I was a bit leery of his cane. He looked like he knew how to wield it. 

Sweep the leg. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, shep said:

As for Miller, the Cancel Culture folks live to keep people like him down FOREVER. They won't quit. It would be more than a college can handle. They don't believe in forgiveness or redemption.

To be clear, Miller would need to impress the victim of his bullying that he's rehabilitated.  Not sure that is ever going to happen. That would need to be the first step.

If Berry and Miller would meet with the President and discuss Miller's sincerity in changing his behavior and attitude, it may be enough. But I don't know if this is still possible.

8 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Miller didn't manage the immediate fallout well, what has he done since?

Schloss could definitely whip up an article to rehab his image, but only with the right material to work with.

No way Miller comes back to UND imho...I would think he goes somewhere new where he can have a totally fresh start.

I think you go to the portal for a goalie only if you believe Hedquist needs another year in juniors.  He had a pretty rough season a year ago in the USHL and seems to have rebounded with a much better season in the BCHL. It would make no sense to bring him in to sit behind a portal goalie. If you bring him in then you split playing time with Hellsten until one takes the job. 

21 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

If Berry and Miller would meet with the President and discuss Miller's sincerity in changing his behavior and attitude, it may be enough. But I don't know if this is still possible.

All Miller needs to do in front of Uncle Andy is to pledge to use the "them/their" pronouns and he's golden.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, rochsioux said:

I think you go to the portal for a goalie only if you believe Hedquist needs another year in juniors.  He had a pretty rough season a year ago in the USHL and seems to have rebounded with a much better season in the BCHL. It would make no sense to bring him in to sit behind a portal goalie. If you bring him in then you split playing time with Hellsten until one takes the job. 

From what I've heard they will have Hedquist play another year of juniors and go to the portal for a goalie. I know there has been some speculation on the Michigan State guy but I'm not sold on him. It also seems like they will hit up the portal for a D. The question is who comes in at forward. You have the 3 locks in Blake, McLaughlin, and Strinden but I think I'd bring in at least one of James or Spicer too even if you get another year of Hain.

On 3/24/2022 at 8:40 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

I'm smelling a visit to the portal for a tendy

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/michigan-state-goalie-drew-deridder-to-transfer-to-und

Im also available for fortunes, tarot cards, palm readings, and the lottery numbers for next week.

Just send bitcoin to.....

• Upvote 1