SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

14 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

A week ago 9, 17, and 22 were each -9.

9 and 22 held serve and remain -9. 

17 is now -11.

Are we going to talk about Gaber's defensive deficiencies or will that draw ire from the "Cult of Momma G". 

Why on earth is he on PK2?

Give me Strinden (Cole Smith 2.0). 

• Upvote 1

I was watching 9 on a play in the Saturday game against WMU that turned out to be an example of his lousy plus/minus rating. He was behind the play a little ways and just coasted behind it until the puck ended up in our net. I don't know if he could have caught the guy (that scored) but there was no effort to do so. Not what a 200 foot player does.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

17 is now -11.

Are we going to talk about Gaber's defensive deficiencies or will that draw ire from the "Cult of Momma G". 

What is this? Moderators are taunting a player's mother now?

I'll watch to the end, because of this.  A while ago when the team was struggling in the second half, a former player said to a mutual friend that he thought they'd be ok, and his reason was that he knew how good the coaches were.  Despite the derision heaped upon them lately, they've demonstrated as recently as last year that they are in fact very good coaches, and perhaps unlike many here, I don't think they've tragically forgotten how to coach.  So I'll continue to hope they manage to convince everyone to back check like they did a year ago and go on a little late run.  I'm certain no one will give up.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

17 is now -11.

The cult of momma G is a fricken brilliant description of that group...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jk said:

I'll watch to the end, because of this.  A while ago when the team was struggling in the second half, a former player said to a mutual friend that he thought they'd be ok, and his reason was that he knew how good the coaches were.  Despite the derision heaped upon them lately, they've demonstrated as recently as last year that they are in fact very good coaches, and perhaps unlike many here, I don't think they've tragically forgotten how to coach.  So I'll continue to hope they manage to convince everyone to back check like they did a year ago and go on a little late run.  I'm certain no one will give up.

So if it’s not the coaching then does that it’s poor recruiting?  

14 hours ago, Wilbur said:

The cult of momma G is a fricken brilliant description of that group...

This is probably the most disgusting part of UND hockey fandom I've seen in 40 years.

The constant butt kissing and awkward references to distant yet connectable connections is gross.

"Hey mamma I saw a map of the US and Canada today and your boy is in that map, and I saw that map.  do you want a copy of that map.. ill send it to you!   Make sure your boy knows me and your boy are both in places on that map.... WITH YOU!:love:!"

I know shes brought this on herself by engaging with the awkwardest wierd of our fanbase but,fer gosh sakes have some class people.

But.. id probably be the same way if my kid would be good enough to be D1 player one day too... so... flame on Mamma, enjoy the ride.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

That's what you took from that? C'mon, man.

I am referring to the notion some people have that you can have great students or great athletes, but not both. And some of those same people think as long as the players do well in the classroom, it doesn't matter how many they win or lose. I have always felt that is a false choice.

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

I am referring to the notion some people have that you can have great students or great athletes, but not both. And some of those same people think as long as the players do well in the classroom, it doesn't matter how many they win or lose. I have always felt that is a false choice.

Who are these people?  I've never once seen or heard a person say anything close to that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You were responding directly to a post about a tweet. Wouldn't a really great GPA normally be something to celebrate or is that only when we're having a great season?

• Upvote 1