SiouxSports.com Forum

Saturday night at Amsoil

Kevin G

7 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

These guys showed some god damn grit. Now get healthy. Still work to do but this should show they can play with good teams. 

Western is imo better than Duluth but we played with them fairly even in their barn.  Our D corps is turning heads and our young guys have turned it up a notch especially the 4th line.  I think we matured a lot tonight as a team.  Driscoll was huge down the stretch in this one too.  When you can skate 4 lines all night it is huge imo as it creates favorable matchups not only for your 1-3 lines but Berry can put Ness, Portz and Albrecht out against lines that they match up favorably with.  

10 minutes ago, Fighting Sioux Hockey said:

Official looks right at it.  Can't see well enough to call it a spear though.  Biondi not a dirty player, just needs to control his stick a wee bit better.  

I'd have to pull out the rule book on shots to the manhood whether intent is there or not. 

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Official looks right at it.  Can't see well enough to call it a spear though.  Biondi not a dirty player, just needs to control his stick a wee bit better.  

I'd have to pull out the rule book on shots to the manhood whether intent is there or not. 

Geoff Paukovich holding on line one...

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

The no call when Frisch got his stick slashed out of his hand to put us on a 5 on 3 and then calling the identical penalty on us with 3:00 left was complete bush league officiating.

Seemed like they were officiating the score and not the game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

The refs were very consistent last night but the no call for the slash on UMD and then shortly after calling us for the identical penalty was totally inconsistent.  We not only beat Duluth tonight we beat the refs too.  

It also appears that on the Albrecht breakaway chance that the Duluth player may have thrown his stick when I watched the game highlights on NCHCtv

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2