SiouxSports.com Forum

Saturday night at Amsoil

Kevin G

So we can clinch the Penrose this weekend right? But would need to sweep Western and see Denver get swept? Or is there a different combo of W/L/T that would do it?

A tall order, but would be great to see. Regardless of clinching, a sweep of Western would be huge!

Glad to see the boys playing with more consistency! This has looked like an actual team lately, whereas earlier in the season there just didn't seem to be much chemistry.

Could be a fun stretch to end the season!

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

A combination of 11 points earned by UND or not earned by DU would do it (as UND has the head to head tie breaker). 

But that's a tall order. 

Since they only played twice the head to head tie breaker doesn't apply here.Regulation wins would be used next.

8 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

Since they only played twice the head to head tie breaker doesn't apply here. Regulation wins would be used next.

< musing >

For a tie, DU has to earn one more point than UND.
That would mean they have identical records over four games other than either:

- UND has OTW where DU has W, or
- UND has OTL where DU has OTW.

Too much to think about ... and WMU is the immediate concern.

Win over WMU and keep control of your own destiny. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

< musing >

For a tie, DU has to earn one more point than UND.
That would mean they have identical records over four games other than either:

- UND has OTW where DU has W, or
- UND has OTL where DU has OTW.

Too much to think about ... and WMU is the immediate concern.

Win over WMU and keep control of your own destiny. 

We control our destiny. I think our team kind of mirrors the Finnish team that won the gold. We don’t have a superstar line but we have 4 real good lines. A team can’t shut down one line that’s providing all of our offense like Denver because all of our lines are about equal roughly. I really like this make up of our team.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Window dressing 

It's mask theater. It's time to drop the face masks. The only masks that work against Omicron is the N95. 

8 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

So we can clinch the Penrose this weekend right? But would need to sweep Western and see Denver get swept? Or is there a different combo of W/L/T that would do it?

A tall order, but would be great to see. Regardless of clinching, a sweep of Western would be huge!

Glad to see the boys playing with more consistency! This has looked like an actual team lately, whereas earlier in the season there just didn't seem to be much chemistry.

I don't see Omaha beating DU two games in a row. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, siouxfan512 said:

As long as Bobby has a good weekend , right? :)

It used to be the same way with Bobby's dad, Andy Brink. Hoped he did well on the ice but hoped the Gophers lost. :)  I was explaining to my daughter how I couldn't ever cheer for Denver without gouging out my eyes. She was confused. I also told her I could never cheer for the Flyers, either. 

9 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

14 new players had a lot to do with that i believe.

16 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Denver may  have peaked already and now they're gonna fizzle out.

I'm guessing they'll win their last four games.
I just can't see them dropping any games to UNO or CC, even if they're on the road for 3 of those games.

Which means we'll need to win out in order to win the Penna Rosa. 
I see us winning 3 of the last 4 games...I'd love to see us sweep WMU, but they're a strong team and better than UMD.  So that would put us just a couple points behind DU for the regular season title.

I'd honestly be ok with that if it played out that way, even if I'd love to see them win the Penna title again.  With how much this team lost this offseason, and how many ups and downs they had during the season...it'd be damn impressive finishing in the top 2 of the strongest league in the NCAA's and they'd be set up well for the tourney.

59 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I'm guessing they'll win their last four games.
I just can't see them dropping any games to UNO or CC, even if they're on the road for 3 of those games.

Which means we'll need to win out in order to win the Penna Rosa. 
I see us winning 3 of the last 4 games...I'd love to see us sweep WMU, but they're a strong team and better than UMD.  So that would put us just a couple points behind DU for the regular season title.

I'd honestly be ok with that if it played out that way, even if I'd love to see them win the Penna title again.  With how much this team lost this offseason, and how many ups and downs they had during the season...it'd be damn impressive finishing in the top 2 of the strongest league in the NCAA's and they'd be set up well for the tourney.

I see both UND and DU dropping one game to UNO in their barn, where they play well. For us to take the cup means we have to sweep Western in our barn, and I see it happening. 

• Upvote 1