SiouxSports.com Forum

Saturday night at Amsoil

Kevin G

Just now, siouxnatty#8 said:

I noticed the same thing right away. how could you just forget to put in the game winning goal. Let them play games while we win games. Very petty of the NCHC. We’re gonna win the PennRose anyway.

For right now we need laser focus to win the PennRose. Small goals lead to bigger goals down the road.

Just now, siouxnatty#8 said:

For right now we need laser focus to win the PennRose. Small goals lead to bigger goals down the road.

By small I don’t mean the PennRose is a small achievement. But we have to focus on the goal at hand and that is winning the league now that we reached our goal of home ice. One goal at a time so to speak.

5 hours ago, ND_Texan said:

Exactly. A slash is a slash, intended or not. And if you accidentally trip someone it's still a trip. The refs missing that was bush. They were bush all night.

In fact, I’d go a step further. The the great majority of trips are unintentional, but they are still trips. And they are still penalties. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

I noticed the same thing right away. how could you just forget to put in the game winning goal. Let them play games while we win games. Very petty of the NCHC. We’re gonna win the PennRose anyway.

And it was a heads up, opportunistic play by Jamernik and a sweet goal to boot! 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Maybe a petty gripe but the league inexplicably omitted Jamernick’s goal in the highlights from last night. Not only was it a great short handed goal but it also turned out to be the game winner. 

They updated the highlight video this afternoon if you haven’t seen it. I thought it was an omit on UMD’s end, since I figured they compiled the video highlights, but they (NCHC) tweeted me the updated video to include Jamernik’s goal. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Yeah, it was no Greg Gard/Juwan Howard handshake though.;)

That was crazy! Wondering if Howard’s punch was the manifestation of growing frustration over his team’s (and his) performance and knowing that his job security is on the line? 

8 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

That was crazy! Wondering if Howard’s punch was the manifestation of growing frustration over his team’s (and his) performance and knowing that his job security is on the line? 

Maybe...what I do know is that it was ugly.

24 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Juwaan’s not going anywhere.  Nice “suck it” chop by some third rate assistant from WI too.  Classy.  

Back on topic, did anyone check on @DrunkHockeyGuy on the way out of town?  I’m sure he’s still blowing up Twitter.  

6 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Juwaan’s not going anywhere.  Nice “suck it” chop by some third rate assistant from WI too.  Classy.  

Back on topic, did anyone check on @DrunkHockeyGuy on the way out of town?  I’m sure he’s still blowing up Twitter.  

Who of us hasn't done the suck it motion to a rival?... I remember the last time I did it because it was during recess and my fellow 4th graders were the NWO.

• Upvote 3

23 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Those “do not align, the logic does not follow” calls drive me crazy. 

Another in this category:

You can NOT have a (for example) trip and a dive on the same play: Either it was a trip or a dive. 
You CAN have a trip and an embellishment on the same play: You were tripped, but then gave an Oscar worthy performance to prove you were tripped.

It makes me crazy when the officials make a penalty+dive call. Read the rule book! 

Rule 68 - Diving/Embellishment

68.1 Diving/Embellishment -

A player shall not attempt to draw a penalty through any exaggerated or deceitful action. A diving penalty is a standalone penalty. PENALTY—Minor for diving.

A player who has been fouled shall not exaggerate the impact of the foul. An embellishment penalty is called in conjunction with an opponent’s penalty. PENALTY—Minor for embellishment.

• Upvote 1