SiouxSports.com Forum

Saturday night at Amsoil

Kevin G

39 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

It also appears that on the Albrecht breakaway chance that the Duluth player may have thrown his stick when I watched the game highlights on NCHCtv

He doesn't throw his stick. It is a trip for sure but probably wouldn't be given as a penalty shot.

7 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

He doesn't throw his stick. It is a trip for sure but probably wouldn't be given as a penalty shot.

Yep. How do they rule that the faceoff stays in the zone because Albrecht didn't skate into the net on purpose, but also decide that the diving stick swinging player didn't trip him? Can't have it both ways unless you are officiating by the scoreboard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, N of GF said:

Yep. How do they rule that the faceoff stays in the zone because Albrecht didn't skate into the net on purpose, but also decide that the diving stick swinging player didn't trip him? Can't have it both ways unless you are officiating by the scoreboard.

No argument with that. The announcers even said "this faceoff should come outside", which it obviously didn't. Definitely a trip.

11 minutes ago, N of GF said:

I agree. As much as I want to hate on a bulldog, didn't look there was any intent. Just sloppy stick control, and a very unfortunate landing spot.

The more I think on it, it should be a slash, shouldn't it? Think about high sticking; Intent doesn't matter. if you hit someone high its two minutes. You can't just run around the rink swinging your stick all willy-nilly not giving a !@#$. If you accidently slash someone, it's a slash. And there was no "hockey play" reason for him to swing his stick out like he did.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, N of GF said:

The more I think on it, it should be a slash, shouldn't it? Think about high sticking; Intent doesn't matter. if you hit someone high its two minutes. You can't just run around the rink swinging your stick all willy-nilly not giving a !@#$. If you accidently slash someone, it's a slash. And there was no "hockey play" reason for him to swing his stick out like he did.

I see no problem with two minutes for slashing.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

I hope there is a tv angle for a suspension.  Announcers were pretty quiet about why Sandy wouldn't put Biondi out in last couple minutes.  Quite a classless move by Sandy. Kid should have got ran by Kleven.  Duluth has no class.

Did Sandy (a) hide him to protect him from a visit from The Bogeyman, (b) put him away so he could tell the league he’s been punished already, or (c) bench him for being an idiot and risking penalty. 

No matter what, you are responsible for your stick at all times. That was a slash. Biondi may not have whiffed, but the officials did. 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, N of GF said:

Those “do not align, the logic does not follow” calls drive me crazy. 

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The guys down south use purple font to indicate such. 

The problem I have is that irony, satire, sarcasm, all have a literal believability aspect that makes them work.   Openly declaring those kinds of comments robs them of that, IMO.   But we live in a hot/cold world, unfortunately, where nuance has been devalued.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Did Sandy (a) hide him to protect him from a visit from The Bogeyman, (b) put him away so he could tell the league he’s been punished already, or (c) bench him for being an idiot and risking penalty. 

No matter what, you are responsible for your stick at all times. That was a slash. Biondi may not have whiffed, but the officials did. 

Yeah, the announcers were very puzzled why UMD’s leading goal scorer was not on the ice at the end when the goalie was pulled for an extra attacker.

56 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Biondi played a ton in the third.  Not sure why you keep your best forward on the bench at the end when he's been out every other shift even after the cup check moment.

Was Sandy was protecting him possibly?  At the same time UND doesn't have enough healthy bodies to be taking runs at anyone at the moment with league discipline guy happy to hand out additional games. 

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Biondi played a ton in the third.  Not sure why you keep your best forward on the bench at the end when he's been out every other shift even after the cup check moment.

Was Sandy was protecting him possibly?  At the same time UND doesn't have enough healthy bodies to be taking runs at anyone at the moment with league discipline guy happy to hand out additional games. 

Even the Duluth tv guys commented about Biondi not being out on the ice late in the game but they didn’t pursue speculating as to why. 

11 hours ago, N of GF said:

Exactly. A slash is a slash, intended or not. And if you accidentally trip someone it's still a trip. The refs missing that was bush. They were bush all night.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

I’m old enough to remember being told that leaving the WCHA was the cure-all for bad officiating.  

I thought they did a great job for most of the weekend.

Its sad because I thought Friday was extremely well officiated yet you've got Sandy and Bruce Ciskie complaining to bulldog nation afterwards that the PP discrepancy was 4-1 and we scored two PP goals (off clear penalties) 4x3.  So the dogs dominated most of the 5x5 and our goalie battled like crazy to get us a win, yet they were better 5x5 so who is the scapegoat?  Not your team that played a $hit second period, the reffs.

This from the team represented most in the NCAA watch for divers video....

Sig always had great lines about the reffs and heavy pockets with marbles....I miss that guy. :blush:

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Maybe a petty gripe but the league inexplicably omitted Jamernick’s goal in the highlights from last night. Not only was it a great short handed goal but it also turned out to be the game winner. 

I noticed the same thing right away. how could you just forget to put in the game winning goal. Let them play games while we win games. Very petty of the NCHC. We’re gonna win the PennRose anyway.