SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 Bracketology

farce poobah

3 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Right, but you are implying it's a done deal they won't be in Loveland. Which is why I asked why you thought that way. If it's just a hunch, that's fine. Was just wondering what made you think that because it's totally possible and a very good chance of it, actually.

Buddy, this isn't a wanger-swangin' contest.... I'm asking why you think it won't happen. I'm not challenging your intelligence, here. 

Okay, wanger swanging aside I don't see DU at #3 and UND at #6, or either teams at #4 and #5 to qualify to be in the same regional. I believe if UND loses a game they fall to #7, or if DU wins the title they could very well land at #2.

2 minutes ago, ND_Texan said:

Okay, wanger swanging aside I don't see DU at #3 and UND at #6, or either teams at #4 and #5 to qualify to be in the same regional. I believe if UND loses a game they fall to #7, or if DU wins the title they could very well land at #2.

I’m not sure what needs to happen to get DU to #2, but probability has them at a 3 percent chance of being the 2 overall so seems unlikely. 

4 minutes ago, ND_Texan said:

So, it's just you guessing as to what's gonna happen. Now I get ya :) ... yeah, I can see that. I still think it's easily possible for them to both win on Friday, either way wins on Saturday, and we're left with the same. I follow, though.

4 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

So when’s the wanger-swangin’ contest?

I won't lie, I made myself laugh when I typed it LOL

1 minute ago, ND_Texan said:

That's risky business with a Texan.

Not a risk for most against me, regardless of the state you live in hahaha. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, siouxforce19 said:

I’m not sure what needs to happen to get DU to #2, but probability has them at a 3 percent chance of being the 2 overall so seems unlikely. 

How about if Michigan loses game 1 of Big 10 and DU wins NCHC tourney title?

I see the four regional two-seeds being:

- two NCHC schools
- Quinnipiac
- Notre Dame

Q'piac and the Domers will stay/go east.

Who the two NCHC schools are will determine who goes where. If it's WMU and UND, UND goes to Loveland; if it's DU and UND, UND goes east. 

45 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Should make for some great games.

Upsets would upset (see what I did there?) the crowd that ignores parity in college hockey. If we lose early, just another arrow in the sling of the anti-Bubbs crowd lol. Man, I hope we get a deep run. This team feels like it could do it.

This would be an interesting outcome:

BSU beats Mankato (upset)

QU beats Clarkson in ECAC championship (chalk)

NE beats UMASS in HE championship (chalk)

AIC beats RIT in Atlantic championship (chalk)

Michigan beats Minnesota in B1G (upset)

UND beats UMD in NCHC championship

We end up #3 in pairwise, and probably out in Worcester against #14 UMass-Lowell, with #6 WMU and #11 Northeastern in our bracket.

• Upvote 1

Remember one thing, this is the nc$$ we are dealing with and common sense isn’t a factor, it’s common cents they look at

they will put some wrinkle into the seeding that no one thought of or can make sense of with a dash of eastern bias sprinkled in.

I just think as long as there isn't a major issue with changing up the bracket, UND will be sent to Loveland. Too much money and possibility of selling out a regional on the line, which is all what the NCAA stands for. Just would really prefer to be the 1 seed in the regional compared to the 2.

2 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Again, feel free to elaborate why you don't think it'll happen. If the season ended right now, we would be the second highest 2 seed and DU the third No. 1 seed. So, it's not super hard to consider them flipping our match up into Loveland to increase attendance elsewhere.

Agree, we would be in Loveland if it was today.  It would be close to a straight up bracket with exception of swapping 14 NE with 15 OSU.  I don't think OSU will be in the mix after the weekend though and who knows what will happen in HE.

2 minutes ago, Clark17 said:

Agree, we would be in Loveland if it was today.  It would be close to a straight up bracket with exception of swapping 14 NE with 15 OSU.  I don't think OSU will be in the mix after the weekend though and who knows what will happen in HE.

I also think committee would consider swapping 12 MTU with 11 UMASS which would move them to Worcester and Tech to Loveland.

2 hours ago, ND_Texan said:

No way DU and UND land in same bracket. Ain't gonna happen. UND will be out east.

IMO there is a 25% chance UND will land in the same Regional as Denver.  If pairwise has Denver #3 and UND # 6 UND will  be placed in Loveland.

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Of today's top four (Mich, Minn, DU, and Mankow), Michigan scares me the least: Get out and get on them and get up one and see how the handle the pressure of UND rolling four and having to chase. 

After last year, I fear MSU-Mankato may be on a mission. 

They scare me because they are the most likely to give you COVID and get you eliminated without losing.

I'd like to see Mankato do well, just not sure the CCHA battle hardens them for when it counts.

6 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

They scare me because they are the most likely to give you COVID and get you eliminated without losing.

I'd like to see Mankato do well, just not sure the CCHA battle hardens them for when it counts.

It doesn't, but Hastings does his best to make up for that in non-conference.

This year's non-conference was UMASS x2, St. Cloud x2, Providence, Michigan, UMD x2, ASU x2 and went 8-2-0 during that.

Just now, bale31 said:

It doesn't, but Hastings does his best to make up for that in non-conference.

This year's non-conference was UMASS x2, St. Cloud x2, Providence, Michigan, UMD x2, ASU x2 and went 8-2-0 during that.

I agree, the non conference schedule was great, but those games were quite a while ago.  They kind of run into the same problem as Gonzaga does in hoops.  But they are definitely a potent team and if they can run the table would just miss the 40 wins club, very lofty territory.