SiouxSports.com Forum

Clown/JBU @ UND -- Friday gameday

stoneySIOUX

UND really needs to stay out of the box tomorrow, as they missed some open nets early that might have turned the game around. Tomorrow is huge to try and get home ice, as St.Cloud still has two games in hand but still play Duluth 4 times, Western twice and Denver twice. It would also do wonders for our pairwise.  I like that Hellsten can play the puck, but if you have a defenseman nearby, let them make the headman pass.  Would hate to have a bad goal hurt us when we already let some games slip away.  In short, be ready for a completely different St. Cloud team tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Green Banner said:

Alot of dead air with this guy, he seems clueless. Go back to calling SD High School basketball

Jake picked up the slack later - almost too much.  There's room in a hockey broadcast where the announcers don't have to be CONSTANTLY chattering. Yeah I'm looking at you Starman! 

It's the fill in guys first night - give him a break! 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, N of GF said:

I've been lurking on these boards for a long long time. I'm old enough to remember when you could almost follow a game by the updates posted here. An exciting game had dozens of pages of comments. Now you can guess the result of the game by looking at the page count of the game thread. The higher the count, the worse the team performed.

What a fucking clown show most of you are. Bitch, bitch, and more bitch. Fire Hack, Fire Berry, Fire Bubba, Fire his assistants, Now we are out to Fire The BB Coach. With a few exceptions, all of you are so fucking entitled, it's disgusting. You believe that because you decide to cheer for a team, they. owe. you. everything. Win every single day. If they don't, it's because the team doesn't care as much as you do!

News flash; You are a fucking loser.

Look at this thread. We win 7-1. What happens here? People bitch about Jake Brandt.

During the game people started laying into Klevin for beating a guy to the puck. There was NOTHING wrong with that play, but some of you jumped in here to bitch about Klevin when the refs went in to review. Why was that any kind of penalty, much less review for five? No, here in the UND "fan" forum we immediately start bitching about Klevin and his stupid penalties. 

In closing, I would like to point out how stunning it is to me how many people on these boards think would of/could of/should of is proper english. It is would have/could have/should have. When you are talking, you say "would've", not "would of". That is a contraction of "would have". Jeez. It's so common on this site... I had to get it off my chest.

Seems we have a lot to learn.  Very well done!

Rumor from some supposedly "in the know" at the Ralph last night is Sanderson won't be playing tonight since he leaves for the Olympics tomorrow. Not sure how that makes sense? Hopefully he's in the lineup.  He was IMO the best skater on the ice last night.

9 hours ago, farce poobah said:

When the game was close, Hellsten made a couple nice saves.   Set the tone for what came later. 

Correct. The first 30 seconds of SCSU's first PP really settled him and the team in defensively.  Keeping at 1-0 at that point was a key moment in the game.

Plus his ability to move the puck to initiate some quick transition out of the D zone was exceptional.

Saw Hells live in his first start at CC. Looks like a different player from that game. He'll see more pucks tonight guaranteed.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, N of GF said:

I've been lurking on these boards for a long long time. I'm old enough to remember when you could almost follow a game by the updates posted here. An exciting game had dozens of pages of comments. Now you can guess the result of the game by looking at the page count of the game thread. The higher the count, the worse the team performed.

What a fucking clown show most of you are. Bitch, bitch, and more bitch. Fire Hack, Fire Berry, Fire Bubba, Fire his assistants, Now we are out to Fire The BB Coach. With a few exceptions, all of you are so fucking entitled, it's disgusting. You believe that because you decide to cheer for a team, they. owe. you. everything. Win every single day. If they don't, it's because the team doesn't care as much as you do!

Look at this thread. We win 7-1. What happens here? People bitch about Jake Brandt.

During the game people started laying into Klevin for beating a guy to the puck. There was NOTHING wrong with that play, but some of you jumped in here to bitch about Klevin when the refs went in to review. Why was that any kind of penalty, much less review for five? No, here in the UND "fan" forum we immediately start bitching about Klevin and his stupid penalties. 

In closing, I would like to point out how stunning it is to me how many people on these boards think would of/could of/should of is proper english. It is would have/could have/should have. When you are talking, you say "would've", not "would of". That is a contraction of "would have". Jeez. It's so common on this site... I had to get it off my chest.

While I don't think what you said applies to me (and definitely not on the grammar), the team scored only 2 goals total over the prior 3 games, blew a good lead in the 3rd the previous game, and got shut out at home by high schoolers. It's been a rough stretch.

• Upvote 1

I went to the Tool concert last night so I missed the game and wouldn’t you know, UND hands SCSU a big loss. I guess I should try to find another concert to go to tonight for good luck. Glad everyone here got to see the good guys in green win! 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I went to the Tool concert last night so I missed the game and wouldn’t you know, UND hands SCSU a big loss. I guess I should try to find another concert to go to tonight for good luck. Glad everyone here got to see the good guys in green win! 

How were Maynard’s vocals on The Pot?

1 hour ago, Benny Baker said:

How were Maynard’s vocals on The Pot?

I thought he sounded fine but then, this was only my second time seeing them in concert so I can’t really judge. They played the Grudge too with the infamous 25 second scream. Previous was 2001 at Red Rocks. Here’s the set list.

I’ll stop talking about Tool here as somebody is apt to lecture us for having an off topic conversation here…

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/2022/broadmoor-world-arena-colorado-springs-co-3b88e0d4.html

7 hours ago, N of GF said:

Thank you for you post.  I totally agree with you.  When I have been reading some of the posts from previous weeks, I have to shake my head when some people are proposing that Brad Berry be fired.  Those types of people probably don't know how to tape a hockey stick.  Brad has done many years of service to UND hockey.  When people say that he can't recruit solid players, they must not know that Brad and Hack did most of the traveling for Blais, scouting the potential UND players.  That is a primary duty of asst. coaches in UND hockey.

I must also comment on the broadcast last night.  I thought it was refreshing to not have to listen to the usual babbling about stuff not related to what was happening on the ice.  A play-by-play guy should do just that, and limit his chatter with the color guy (who should be the one to add to observations of what is happening on the ice, and why, etc.  The Alex and Jake could do this just fine.  Just take a listen to the top announcing teams in the NHL, you'll find that they do their discussion pretty much when play it stopped on the ice, not during the action.

And, by the way, using the "dump and chase" when attacking the opponents' blue line IS what should be used when the opponents are strung out across the line.  It is the OPPONENTS' actions that should determine whether you should carry the puck into the zone.  If you don't have a Hrkac to stickhandle through the picket line, you'll just end up with a turnover more often than not.

• Upvote 4

I've heard Brad Berry & Jake B. say that the team was playing pretty much as well last weekend as last night.  I have to disagree there.  

Yesterday, the quickness and accuracy of the passing was night & day vs. last week.  Generally, they also took shots when a lane was open, and guys were going to the net harder.  Their jump and timeliness forechecking was also much better - last week they were often too late to have an effective forecheck.

Now, can this team put together two games in a row?

30 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I'm far from a rules expert, but i thought in cases where no penalty is called and the refs review an incident they could only call a major not a minor?

Not sure why no arm went up at the time but when my wife and i saw the hit along the boards we both said “why wasn’t that called?” THen when play stopped we thought the review was for something that happened near the dislodged net. We too were thinking that they could only review a penalty call for a major. If someone has an answer to this it would be good to hear. Also not experts. 

12 hours ago, N of GF said:

A significant amount of more objective UND fans no longer post here due to the openly political messages numerous posters and admins have conveyed over the past 22 months.

Unfortunately, Siouxsports.com, the admins, and @jimdahl no longer enforce the policies that made this board so great for so long. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, N of GF said:

You’re better than all of us. Congrats. Also, news flash, people complain on the internet. You know, Like you’re doing currently. 

just happy to have had a win. Go Sioux!! Let’s get the sweep!!!

8 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Rumor from some supposedly "in the know" at the Ralph last night is Sanderson won't be playing tonight since he leaves for the Olympics tomorrow. Not sure how that makes sense? Hopefully he's in the lineup.  He was IMO the best skater on the ice last night.

Not true. Sanderson is in the lineup tonight. 
image.thumb.png.afe4f9f5c4199b3227560f24e7d97ff1.png

• Upvote 4