SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ WMU - Saturday Game Day - Let's get a win in 2022!

brianvf

6 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

To translate......Berry's system doesn't work with this roster.

Just an analysis for what it’s worth. Most of our seniors left and we are trying desperately to fill the voids that created but what is going to happen to teams like Western and St. Cloud that held on to their seniors for a 5th year next year when the mass exodus and they didn’t bring in many young players this year. Yes the transfer portal helps but you just don’t get elite players for transfers generally. Are we going through this year what many teams will be going through next year when they lose their 5th year seniors. Are we possibly experiencing this pain 1 year earlier than say Western or St Cloud that has 5 th year seniors

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Just an analysis for what it’s worth. Most of our seniors left and we are trying desperately to fill the voids that created but what is going to happen to teams like Western and St. Cloud that held on to their seniors for a 5th year next year when the mass exodus and they didn’t bring in many young players this year. Yes the transfer portal helps but you just don’t get elite players for transfers generally. Are we going through this year what many teams will be going through next year when they lose their 5th year seniors. Are we possibly experiencing this pain 1 year earlier than say Western or St Cloud that has 5 th year seniors

What will happen to the teams that didn’t bring in many young players from their pipeline this year. What will be the consequences next year is my question.

7 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

What will happen to the teams that didn’t bring in many young players from their pipeline this year. What will be the consequences next year is my question.

.I said this when they offered the Covid year. It has really screwed up the recruiting pipelines for many teams. A lot of these kids wanted to come in 2021 and were put off. That will affect a great deal of commitments. I don’t think the NCAA did us any favors. My bet is the next 2 to 3 years will be very odd indeed. You have to remember it’s just not seniors. The juniors, sophomores, and freshman, all have an additional year. Between that, and the transfer portal, what a mess!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

.I said this when they offered the Covid year. It has really screwed up the recruiting pipelines for many teams. A lot of these kids wanted to come in 2021 and were put off. That will affect a great deal of commitments. I don’t think the NCAA did us any favors. My bet is the next 2 to 3 years will be very odd indeed. You have to remember it’s just not seniors. The juniors, sophomores, and freshman, all have an additional year. Between that, and the transfer portal, what a mess!

Not to mention the kids who had committed or had offers and aged out of juniors and then had the rug pulled.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

They are in a slump, it happens. Two months ago, this board was on fire with the ‘we cannot be beat’, now it’s the mail it in crowd. Good lord, lots of hockey left, you think these kids don’t read this board? I can hear it now, ‘I hope they do, fire them up, maybe they will play some Sioux hockey (which will put them in the box for half the game)’…

I find it hard to believe there was a time this year where one person said “we cannot be beat” let alone this board being on fire with that sentiment. They got worked most Fridays the first half. 

Agreed, definite slump and it will get better, but come on with the we cannot be beat stuff. 

• Upvote 2

UND has never been Minnesota, BU, BC, or Michigan when it came to blue chippaz on the roster. I know there are exceptions such as 05-06 but I do feel though that there has been more of a downward trend in terms of having elite players on the roster. Seem to be lucky if we even have one or two chippaz. It’s nice having players like Gaber but he needs to be surrounded by equal or better talent. He can’t do it all, same for Sanderson.