SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ WMU - Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

2 minutes ago, bcblues said:

What we really need is just hard workers who give it their all for 60 minutes, and don't have mental lapses and take crappy, stupid, meaningless penalties. A few decent scorers and a decent D-corp and I would be happy.

We don't have that at present.

At present we suck and that appears to be te storyline of this second half.  We act like they should just declare us the winners just for stepping on the ice.  We are gonna lose 90% of our reamaining games at this rate.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brianvf said:

CHN is showing us at #12 PWR with a few games still to finish.

Still in the hunt to be sure but this losing streak stings for sure. 

I don't have NCHC.TV this year but looking at the stats I've got to say that Driscoll has been under performing. How do we not have anyone better to put in net?

3 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

I have defended this team while everyone else ridiculed me because I felt they worked hard and deserved a chance.  In return they quit trying and folded.  I have just had it.

I’ve tried not to be pessimistic but this team is making it hard not to be. Honestly even with some of the Saturday night bounce backs, hard to forget the Friday night chokes when many of them have been downright ugly.

• Upvote 1

Something is not resonating with this team. Is it the coach's, is it the players not playing hard and focusing? This is really not UND hockey. I hope everyone looks in the mirror. There is lots of blame to go around. 

2 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

I’ve tried not to be pessimistic but this team is making it hard not to be. Honestly even with some of the Saturday night bounce backs, hard to forget the Friday night chokes when many of them have been downright ugly.

I just cheer so hard for us and this years team just rips your guts out.  I am a vikings fan so I've felt this before but it still hurts.

Just now, Godsmack said:

Hard listening to Hennessy and Berry right now. We lost due to a hot goaltender. 

Bussi didn't have to make any great saves.  He was good for the most part but UND had 4-5 chances to score when he was down and out and shot it wide or right into somebody.  That's just lack of finishers on our end.

• Upvote 3

Just now, brianvf said:

Bussi didn't have to make any great saves.  He was good for the most part but UND had 4-5 chances to score when he was down and out and shot it wide or right into somebody.  That's just lack of finishers on our end.

Agreed 100%. And I was being facetious when I said we lost because of a hot goaltender. That was what Hennessy and Berry seemed to infer in the post game interview. Bussi did play well but to your point, we lack finishers. All Swede, no Finnish? 

• Upvote 2