SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ WMU - Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

2 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Watched up until our power play in the 3rd. Was puzzled to see notifications of two power play goals by Western. Up until that point I was mostly happy with the game we played. Western is as good as we've ever seen them. Game had a good pace, and their goalie/our lack of finishing was the difference.

Gaber's cross check late was a weak call I thought he just made a hockey play. We just can't stay out of the box and that has cost us so many games.

3 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

I haven’t heard any credit given to Western Michigan in the comments.    Let me be the first. That’s a solid club. 

betting their postgame coaches comments note they were rusty to start, but got better as the game went on.  Also probably not happy at giving UND so many good scoring chances, and need to tighten up tomorrow.  

Outside of UND, I’m rooting for Western to go far in the tournament. I really like how that team is built. Big, heavy and skilled. 

I'm not surprised by the outcome of the game. Western was my favorite to win the conference this year, they brought back all their talent form last season. 

Western Michigan is in a good position to make a long run and get their first Hoby Baker winner.

That being said UND could have beat them but needs to just do the simple things to win games.

15 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Why was Berry rolling the 4th line all night? They took a penalty and allowed the first goal and it wasn't any better the whole game.

According to the GF Herald,  Coach Berry said there was some lingering issues with covid. Some are probably not 100% yet. Needed the 4th line for more rest between shifts?

This team came undone with about 6 to 10 minutes left ... again. 

Happened against Cornell. Happened here. 

Is it mental or physical?

If physical, is it acute (recovering from recent illness) or chronic (dryland off-season not gittin-er-done)? 

If it's mental, some personal self-reflection time need be done. 

• Upvote 1

Allow me one observation:

About half of Cornell's goals on that weekend were shots of the amazing "under four feet" variety: tap ins, slide ins, at the paint. 

I don't see a whole lot of UND green around the opponent's blue paint recently. Scoring woes? There's the answer. 

Who's going to the dirty areas, down to bloody nose alley? 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Allow me one observation:

About half of Cornell's goals on that weekend were shots of the amazing "under four feet" variety: tap ins, slide ins, at the paint. 

I don't see a whole lot of UND green around the opponent's blue paint recently. Scoring woes? There's the answer. 

Who's going to the dirty areas, down to bloody nose alley? 

I thought the guys were going to the blue pain/bloody nose alley last night. I have to give their goalie credit, he was pretty good last night. 

• Upvote 1

I thought this team would be the bright spot this year for UND except hey decided to join the football and mens basketball teams at the bottom……….

At least it is good to see the Womens BBall team tearing it up!

These captains need to whip up their team too. Need some vocal leaders in the locker room