SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ WMU - Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

2022 has not been super fun for this team, but we've seen what they can do when they are at their best. My glasses may be tinted green, but I recognize how solid WMU is this year. Oof.

Call me an eternal optimist, but I think we get one tonight. Get everyone off the schide and feeling good about this team again!

4-2 good guys in green

Juddy, Sandy, Moore, Jammer

6 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Har har har, Brian lol. 

One win!

I'm really hoping the team can find their focus again.
It's been frustrating hockey to watch thus far in 2022 for this UND team.  I'm crossing my fingers that they show us something different tonight & tomorrow.

16 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I'm really hoping the team can find their focus again.
It's been frustrating hockey to watch thus far in 2022 for this UND team.  I'm crossing my fingers that they show us something different tonight & tomorrow.

I mean, it's only been 3 games and only two counted. Ruts happen. I think the dramatic way we lost to Cornell was only exacerbated by some of our poor Fridays and drained the team for Saturday. Honestly, if we had won that game like we should have, I feel like there would be must less doom and gloom around the team right now.

Hopefully we come out of it and I am confident they know how to get there.

Just now, siouxnatty#8 said:

Calder on the shutdown line?

Buddy, we lost our shutdown line when Hainer went out. Their are trying combinations to see if we can get things going. Jammer and Sendo play a very significant scoring role on this team. Two hard forecheckers with Calder, a good scorer, could actually work.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Calder on the shutdown line?

LouieJam and Senden create so many "surprise!" opportunities having a shooter like Calder there doesn't sound so bad. And those three play the game like wily veterans. 

That first line, they all play like wild eyed eleven month old golden retriever pups. 

I think both combos have interesting potential. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, stoneySIOUX said:

Buddy, we lost our shutdown line when Hainer went out. Their are trying combinations to see if we can get things going. Jammer and Sendo play a very significant scoring role on this team. Two hard forecheckers with Calder, a good scorer, could actually work.

I thought thought Portz was a pretty good fit.