SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ WMU - Friday Gameday

stoneySIOUX

1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

Agreed 100%. And I was being facetious when I said we lost because of a hot goaltender. That was what Hennessy and Berry seemed to infer in the post game interview. Bussi did play well but to your point, we lack finishers. All Swede, no Finnish? 

Yeah, I understood what you were getting at.  Hard to listen to that for sure.
Swede certainly can't do any worse.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Godsmack said:

I’m so pissed off right now. We shoot ourselves in the foot and create much of our own misery and I wish once Berry would publicly show some fire in his media interviews but I guess that’s not his style. 

Hope it’s different in the locker room 

1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

I’m so pissed off right now. We shoot ourselves in the foot and create much of our own misery and I wish once Berry would publicly show some fire in his media interviews but I guess that’s not his style. 

I just wonder if this group can't handle the soft life they get at the Ralph.  If I was coach it would be hot  dogs and maybe beans too if they work really hard.  

Just now, siouxnatty#8 said:

I just wonder if this group can't handle the soft life they get at the Ralph.  If I was coach it would be hot  dogs and maybe beans too if they work really hard.  

And a bus ride home 

34 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

I have defended this team while everyone else ridiculed me because I felt they worked hard and deserved a chance.  In return they quit trying and folded.  I have just had it.

You think that team isn't trying? Man, just have a frickin cocktail or take a nap or something. Sheesh. 

• Upvote 1

I see people referencing Driscolls save percentage tonight. What goal(s) were on him? None by my count. This d-corps is so soft in front of him and not good enough on the pk that he gets hung out to dry a lot. Sure would be nice to have a stay at home defenseman or two. Miss the old days where it took steel balls to stand in front of the UND net. Now you can stand there without any pads and come out bruise free. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, brianvf said:

That would work if we were still in 2021.
Once the calendar changed to 2022, we can't win on Saturday's either.

We've had one Saturday game that counts. I hate saying this, but we should have won that game tonight. 

Simply put, we can't bury the puck right now. It's hard to watch. Lack of forward depth is bearing fruit. Hopefully the do the 2021 Saturday bit tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, Username Taken said:

I see people referencing Driscolls save percentage tonight. What goal(s) were on him? None by my count. This team is so soft in front of him and not good enough on the pk that he gets hung out to dry a lot. Sure would be nice to have a stay at home defenseman or two. Miss the old days where it took steel balls to stand in front of the UND net. Now you can stand there without any pads and come out bruise free. 

None. He was fine tonight. This one is squarely on our lack of finishing.

• Upvote 2