SiouxSports.com Forum

West Illinois VS UND Homecoming week

Nodak78

3 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Lots points left on the field this game unfortunately.

But still put up 34.

600 yards of total offense.

450 yards last week against one of the top teams in the country, 600 today.  Just need to get a lot better in the red zone.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Seasonally very late Frost 25f is on the warm ground this morning,
the tailgating will be crisp/cool 39f at noon with a mild wind 5mph,
the homecoming game will be played inside, 
the fans will enjoy a W 42-10

47 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Lots points left on the field this game unfortunately.

But still put up 34.

600 yards of total offense.

UND had 40 on the board at one time with extra point coming and refs took 6 off.

15 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

This win was expected. UND at home with much better players than Western Illinois. 

The real test is next week at Missouri State. Want to make playoffs? Go down there and get the win. Bears will be pissed after UND embarrassed them last year in playoffs. 

We played a good number of true freshman.  Leathernecks have a bunch of seniors.

12 hours ago, shep said:

Otis for 130

Tommy for 220

Defense keeps them below 18

Hawks 34 WI 17

Bubba leads the boys in "Stand up and cheer"

Same fans find reasons to be unhappy spending most of their time pointing out penalties, missed extra point and incomplete passes from the QB who's arm is not strong enough.

I wasn't too far off.

• Upvote 1

"I kind of lost it there," UND coach Bubba Schweigert said. "I had thought they'd signal fourth down. The referee said he signaled fourth down but I missed it. We had time to run our field goal team out there because the play was over with about 20 seconds left. We just have to do better, and I have to do better. We really wanted to run it for a yard and clock it. We expected to get it but I need to do better in that situation."

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

This win was expected. UND at home with much better players than Western Illinois. 

The real test is next week at Missouri State. Want to make playoffs? Go down there and get the win. Bears will be pissed after UND embarrassed them last year in playoffs. 

Wouldn’t mind some of their WR and DL on our roster.

The defense had a very nice game today. Caleb Nelson is turning into a player. He had an outstanding game. 
Im not sure what’s going on with our red zone offense though. Should have hung 50 today easy. That needs to get figured out ASAP. Call me crazy, and I’m usually very much against this sort of thing, but I think the 2 qb stuff works for us. Can’t put my finger on it but it seems to give the o a little extra juice.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

The defense had a very nice game today. Caleb Nelson is turning into a player. He had an outstanding game. 
Im not sure what’s going on with our red zone offense though. Should have hung 50 today easy. That needs to get figured out ASAP. Call me crazy, and I’m usually very much against this sort of thing, but I think the 2 qb stuff works for us. Can’t put my finger on it but it seems to give the o a little extra juice.

Red zone offense is confusing