SiouxSports.com Forum

Burn Those New Green Unis

geaux_sioux

4 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

They don't. Not at this level.  It means nothing. Nobody is choosing UXD or XDSU because of uniform combos.

So with all of NDSU football successes in recent memory, why do they trot out multiple uniform combos? I agree some schools don't have to do it like Bama and Ohio State. But UND is not in that category. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Serious football programs don't have "combination options."

Only gimmick programs do that.

UND and NDSU both should adopt a single "look."  They both constantly change their uniforms... football schools don't change... they adopt a vibe and they roll with it. 

Notre Dame,  Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, USC.... they might have minor changes.... but they don't pull the dumb !@#$ UND and NDSU pull.  

We have good color combos. Kelly Green and white is nice and simple. UND's 80's jerseys were lit even though they sucked.

NDSU's 80's fit was straight fire. 

Oregon isn't a serious football program? 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Serious football programs don't have "combination options."

Only gimmick programs do that.

Notre Dame,  Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, USC.... they might have minor changes.... but they don't pull the dumb !@#$ UND and NDSU pull.

I found a few others if you want to go through them all.  

04FFCBFD-6882-405E-8B7C-ADD455694522.jpeg

I like the old school Dave Osborn/Cory Colehour look of the sixties...white helmet with green center stripe, green jerseys, and white pants. I have no misgivings that we'll ever see them again, however. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, TBR said:

I like the old school Dave Osborn/Cory Colehour look of the sixties...white helmet with green center stripe, green jerseys, and white pants. I have no misgivings that we'll ever see them again, however. 

We have legit throwback options and just don’t use them unfortunately.

Not sure about the white/black on the shoulder pads, otherwise I think they look pretty decent.  I do still like the classic Green top and white pants the best.  Wish we'd get a white helmet sometime, I think white helmets with the right uni's can really pop. 

2 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Not sure about the white/black on the shoulder pads, otherwise I think they look pretty decent.  I do still like the classic Green top and white pants the best.  Wish we'd get a white helmet sometime, I think white helmets with the right uni's can really pop. 

White helmet with a green facemask and a green stripe would pop really nice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

Whatever…I want dominance on both sides of the ball, no injuries, and QB sacks snd I do not care if they play naked…maybe just a jock strap and helmet. Go UND!

They could run the naked bootleg I suppose...

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, JohnboyND7 said:

They do the goofy nonsense for their annual neutral site game. Don't get me started lol

I'm a huge Notre Dame fan as well and I can't stand when they go outside the norm with the Shamrock Series etc.  Just wear the golden dome and leave the cute stuff for Oregon.  

• Upvote 2