SiouxSports.com Forum

Drake@UND 4pm Potato Bowl USA

F'n Hawks

40 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Weah being out definitely affected those fumbles in the red zone. On every one of those, the preferred call would have been handing it to Weah. And he hangs on the the ball well. If Otis plays, we win 59-0….at least. 

Idk if that’s a good excuse. Otis has had his own issues. It’s just something we shouldn’t have seen with or without Otis. 

49 minutes ago, Tangolou said:

On the bright side, #11 Coley looked very good all day, plays fast.

The down side is Maag. He is either hurt or he has lost a step. I thought we would be unstoppable by now but I was wrong, he hasn't brought much to the table....

Maag has been nursing a hamstring, hard to be explosive which trying to nurse that kind of injury 

9 minutes ago, Big Green said:

One thing that needs to change is we as fans need to be loud on every down the defense is on the field.  Can’t wait til 3rd down to be loud.  This needs to starts in 2 weeks.  Make it tough on the opponent to hear.  

I agree I thought crowd noise sucked ass

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Big Green said:

One thing that needs to change is we as fans need to be loud on every down the defense is on the field.  Can’t wait til 3rd down to be loud.  This needs to starts in 2 weeks.  Make it tough on the opponent to hear.  

Say it louder for the people in back! For real though. The crowd was very out of it.  In the yard I’ve been coming to games it r ally depends on the team.  Like I feel like the bigger games we are loud every down.  

9 hours ago, Tangolou said:

On the bright side, #11 Coley looked very good all day, plays fast.

The down side is Maag. He is either hurt or he has lost a step. I thought we would be unstoppable by now but I was wrong, he hasn't brought much to the table....

Coley's INT and run was the most athletic play I saw all day.

Someone suggested we are thin at spots on D. Where? Lots of very good LB's and Corners/Safeties. DLine thin??

• Upvote 1

Idaho State and Drake are inferior teams; thus, two wins for UND. But UND has been very sloppy the past 6 quarters. 

Bubba and his coaching staff have a lot of work to do to instill discipline over the next two weeks before the big one on Oct. 2nd. If not corrected, this conference season may not go as expected. 

This game had about 100% disapproval rating. Was this almost all based on turnovers? Clearly an issue this game, but also seems like an easily correctable issue, especially who was at fault for them.  Comparative scores, but the Hawks won by as many points as Montana State the week prior, that’s with giving away those points due to turnovers.

Doesn’t seem as bad to me as most are making it sound.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, AJS said:

This game had about 100% disapproval rating. Was this almost all based on turnovers? Clearly an issue this game, but also seems like an easily correctable issue, especially who was at fault for them.  Comparative scores, but the Hawks won by as many points as Montana State the week prior, that’s with giving away those points due to turnovers.

Doesn’t seem as bad to me as most are making it sound.

Most bothersome aspect of the game was how we consistently tried getting cute in the red zone. We should have been able to smash our way forward for a TD.

The Vaughan fumbles bother me. The Maag fumble bothers me only because Maag shouldn’t have played this game, getting him healed up for October 2. The Schuster interception doesn’t bother me. Someone remind me what 5th turnover was?  I think if we had just 1 turnover and had not left so many points on the field, fans would have said, “ok, they did the job we expected them to, now let’s beat the Bison.”

6 minutes ago, Dustin said:

The Vaughan fumbles bother me. The Maag fumble bothers me only because Maag shouldn’t have played this game, getting him healed up for October 2. The Schuster interception doesn’t bother me. Someone remind me what 5th turnover was?  I think if we had just 1 turnover and had not left so many points on the field, fans would have said, “ok, they did the job we expected them to, now let’s beat the Bison.”

5th was fumble off the shot gun snap between Fenton / Feeney.