SiouxSports.com Forum

Drake@UND 4pm Potato Bowl USA

F'n Hawks

I thought some of the 2nd team defense really played well and were hitting hard and played with some fire in them.

tough to put feeney in with the spot he was in, play book is rather limited

i know bubba will address everything and he isn’t afraid to sit players if need be

would like to see us play to our strengths and less cute or gadget plays , that’s on the coaches 

10 hours ago, Dustin said:

I’m curious to see what Kelly says, and then your take on it. 

Very curious on Kelly’s take. The 2017 comparison on the surface doesn’t make sense, since that appeared to be a byproduct of half the starters being injured.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Kab said:

I thought some of the 2nd team defense really played well and were hitting hard and played with some fire in them.

tough to put feeney in with the spot he was in, play book is rather limited

i know bubba will address everything and he isn’t afraid to sit players if need be

would like to see us play to our strengths and less cute or gadget plays , that’s on the coaches 

Boy does Kason Kelley really look the ILB part. He made one play that looked really impressive too. I know he’s on the 2-Deep, would like to see him get more and more reps.

21 minutes ago, AJS said:

Boy does Kason Kelley really look the ILB part. He made one play that looked really impressive too. I know he’s on the 2-Deep, would like to see him get more and more reps.

I agree...I thought Pedigo looked good too. I was impressed with our young linebackers. 

48 minutes ago, AJS said:

Very curious on Kelly’s take. The 2017 comparison on the surface doesn’t make sense, since that appeared to be a byproduct of half the starters being injured.  

Last thing on 360’s comment. Three components to the game. I’m not saying that shutting out Drake is a huge accomplishment, but what could you really pick apart defensively? His comment was directly tied to the Drake game. Special Teams, I don’t think anything really stuck out (again, only looking at Drake game). 

I guess we’ll find out in a few hours.

23 minutes ago, AJS said:

Last thing on 360’s comment. Three components to the game. I’m not saying that shutting out Drake is a huge accomplishment, but what could you really pick apart defensively? His comment was directly tied to the Drake game. Special Teams, I don’t think anything really stuck out (again, only looking at Drake game). 

Defense played great vs Drake and you couldn’t ask for any more. Offense was the side of the ball that !@#$ the bed. Honestly I think his big concern is the OL. They played ok but they need to get better to survive the MVFC gauntlet.

2 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Defense played great vs Drake and you couldn’t ask for any more. Offense was the side of the ball that !@#$ the bed. Honestly I think his big concern is the OL. They played ok but they need to get better to survive the MVFC gauntlet.

Yes.  Unfortunately we don't have the O-line from Spring 2021.  I think they will get up to speed in time, but maybe not in time for October 2.  Hope they have a good two weeks.

23 hours ago, AJS said:

This game had about 100% disapproval rating. Was this almost all based on turnovers? Clearly an issue this game, but also seems like an easily correctable issue, especially who was at fault for them.  Comparative scores, but the Hawks won by as many points as Montana State the week prior, that’s with giving away those points due to turnovers.

Doesn’t seem as bad to me as most are making it sound.

I think everyone is concerned if we play like that we won’t be competitive against the Bison or the rest of the MVFC. Turnovers, bad penalties, and lack of push from the OL are the biggest concerns in my opinion.

15 minutes ago, AJS said:

I believe it’s looking at how Drake attacked our defense.  They had some success (relative) running up the middle.  I’m guessing NDSU is going to pop that tape In and get Luepke warmed up at HB.  Lots of improvement needs to happen to slow that down in two weeks.  

22 hours ago, AJS said:

Safety? With Canady working his way back, I wouldn’t call it thin. Canady, Galvin, KK, Coley, Fort. Seems to be as deep as it’s ever been in the D1 era. 

KK didn’t play last game, Canady isn’t the same player yet, Fort is still learning the position. Galvin and Coley are the only guys we can 100% rely on. Did Galvin play much against Drake? Didn’t remember seeing him.

1 minute ago, AJS said:

Loved reading it. Concerning issues that SHOULD be easy to correct. 360’s / Miller’s comments which were harsh I think could be a really good thing. Media is not pumping their tires. 

I've been thinking this is the perfect time for a bye. Normally, later in the season is better, but for this season and this team, now is the time.  Fix what you can.  And get yourself psyched for a big game.

Just now, Sioux>Bison said:

KK didn’t play last game, Canady isn’t the same player yet, Fort is still learning the position. Galvin and Coley are the only guys we can 100% rely on. Did Galvin play much against Drake? Didn’t remember seeing him.

I wouldn’t look too much on the playing time against Drake. The leading tackler was Petigo (who did look good!). I don’t know KK’s injury is, but I’m saying it is a possibility that if they were playing anyone else he could have played. 100% Canady is working himself back and Fort is still learning the position. What’s exciting is they should both improve every week. 

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Which would you like?

Both, putting Q in to try confuse the other team isn’t working and he isn’t ready to run the ball into a stout defense. That sure won’t work against bison.

like the lady says in the movie blind side, run the dang ball.

was hoping the drake score would have been a bigger spread so Q could have played a few series to get used to running this team

i watched him in practice and he has skills to get things done, but not a play at a time and out.

37 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

Vrs NDSU if any QB other than Tommy Gun comes in it needs to be Boltman.  No further explanation needed.

I think I agree with you.  On a side note, if someone knows or can speculate and cares to elaborate, what effect does using a second QB have on Tommy?  Does it through off his rhythm?  Does it make him think he's not a complete player?  I guess after what happened on Saturday, I'm of the opinion to give Tommy the reigns and let him drive those horses. 

• Upvote 2