SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 ND High School Hockey

NoiseInsideMyHead

1 hour ago, sioux rube said:

That was a clean hockey hit. Total BS 

No…2 minute boarding call. 100%. Yes, “looked” cleaned and was a great hit but have to call a boarding call there. 5 min. penalty call was excessive and was bs, I’ll agree there.

Regardless, what were the shots? Red River was the > team last night. They’re rolling, their skill, speed, puck movement, execution looked real good!  

Haven watched too much high school hockey this year, but people here said RR has had slow starts and that gets  them in trouble. In state so far, look like they’re answering the bell there. Lastly, with Tim’s kid (Carson) injured, their depth looks solid. Carson is a good small/player. I wouldn’t even know he was out of the lineup the last 2 games while watching on tv.

Think the two best teams are in the final tonight  So that’s good to see! 

7 hours ago, SiouxForever said:

No…2 minute boarding call. 100%. Yes, “looked” cleaned and was a great hit but have to call a boarding call there. 5 min. penalty call was excessive and was bs, I’ll agree there.

Regardless, what were the shots? Red River was the > team last night. They’re rolling, their skill, speed, puck movement, execution looked real good!  

Haven watched too much high school hockey this year, but people here said RR has had slow starts and that gets  them in trouble. In state so far, look like they’re answering the bell there. Lastly, with Tim’s kid (Carson) injured, their depth looks solid. Carson is a good small/player. I wouldn’t even know he was out of the lineup the last 2 games while watching on tv.

Think the two best teams are in the final tonight  So that’s good to see! 

There is no such thing as a 2 minute boarding call.

5 hours ago, Cratter said:

3 Fargo teams vs 1 GF team.

In Fargo.

And GF still wins!

The ND HS athletic association should be ashamed. The officiating was horsesh!t.

5 major in a title game for a legal hit. Sad.

The East had the top 6 teams in the state......GFC and North are included. I'd put Jamestown at 7.

The officiating was suspect all tournament unfortunately.

59 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

The minimum penalty for boarding in high school is a 5 minute major.

Don’t call it boarding then…because it wasn’t boarding…both kids initiated the contact and the bigger/stronger kid won that battle.  Don’t call anything.  Nothing like officials asserting themselves in the final period of games the last 2 nights.

I see the Fargo media machine will be back to not giving a sh*t about high school hockey again now that GF won another title…crickets on Twitter from them. Falling all over themselves when it appeared GF was doomed…won’t hear much about it now going forward. 

GF is now 4 for last 4 in the last 4 state championships held in Fargo so I guess that dispels the theory that GF won’t win when tourney isn’t in GF!

• Upvote 2