SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 ND High School Hockey

NoiseInsideMyHead

The KNOX (Cunningham) guy is hot on Twitter about the Fargo teams not coming to Grand Gorks for the EDC title game.

Even throwing out Fargo schools making their own league if they don't want to come to GF.  

IMHO a bad take with the weather situation, and when was the last time they didn't come to GF for the region tournament?  Three blizzards in four days and a bevy of accidents on I-29.

4 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Why are #3 red river and #1 south in the same bracket 

1W/4E + 2E/3W <-- one side

1E/4W + 2W/3E <-- other side

How it's been as far as I can remember. 

As far as game times, I still like Jamestown's slot (if they win the get max time to next game). 

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The KNOX (Cunningham) guy is hot on Twitter about the Fargo teams not coming to Grand Gorks for the EDC title game.

Even throwing out Fargo schools making their own league if they don't want to come to GF.  

IMHO a bad take with the weather situation, and when was the last time they didn't come to GF for the region tournament?  Three blizzards in four days and a bevy of accidents on I-29.

Easy to be an ignorant a$$clown on Twitter. 

Have him do his research on when Sheyenne and FN got back to Fargo......

Oh.......and there is no in-person classes in the FM metro again today.

What a f-n idiot.

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

... and the 5 semi + 8 passenger car pile-up between Mapleton and Casselton on I-94. 

Yesterday wasn't nearly as bad north of ND 200 as it was south of ND 200 so his perceptions are amiss.

Cunningham's take on this one is wrong.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Easy to be an ignorant a$$clown on Twitter. 

Have him do his research on when Sheyenne and FN got back to Fargo......

Oh.......and there is no in-person classes in the FM metro again today.

What a f-n idiot.

Did they make it back?

50 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

He did have a good point in that this tournament needs to be three consecutive days not over 5 like it is.  If it was all the teams would have been in GF.  Also to rotate it between Fargo and GF like state is.

7 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

He did have a good point in that this tournament needs to be three consecutive days not over 5 like it is.  If it was all the teams would have been in GF.  Also to rotate it between Fargo and GF like state is.

Guessing KNOX having a monetary interest had some influence on his point of view.

• Upvote 1

Everyone knew the storm was coming on Sunday.  The Fargo schools should have stayed the night on Saturday night.  To me that is where they went wrong.  Once Sunday was canceled it did not make sense for all 4 teams to come up on Monday.  Puck drop should have been at 11 on Sunday, if your not there you forfeit.

43 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

I completely agree with the tournament going back to three consecutive days, but I think that ship has sailed.  I think only a few of the hockey coaches in the EDC are teachers anyways, which is what sparked the start it on a Tuesday anyways.  

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Terrible take. He is very opinionated on Twitter. With that said he’s a pretty good play by play guy 

• Upvote 1

Ok so.. my preseason prefictions where .... off to say the least... 

That being said...

Jamestown 5 Sheyenne 3

Davies 8 Minot 1

GFRR 7 Legacy 2

South 19 Mandan 0

(fyi... Mandan may be the worst team to ever play in the state tourney)

Davies > Jamestown

South > GFRR

Davies > South