SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 ND High School Hockey

NoiseInsideMyHead

On 6/9/2022 at 9:46 AM, gfhockey said:

Highly doubt girls will be on tv

mire eye balls thst wekeend on state b girls ball

I'm venturing to guess it'll be the ol' NFHS Network.  

This will be the worst attendance and atmosphere in years.  And to "noiseinsidemyheads" point about the product...not happening.  Some of the top players continue to head east, Bismarck splits, changes to fargo co-ops....it has been a diminishing product for the past few years that now is extremely watered down.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Johnny Five said:

I'm venturing to guess it'll be the ol' NFHS Network.  

This will be the worst attendance and atmosphere in years.  And to "noiseinsidemyheads" point about the product...not happening.  Some of the top players continue to head east, Bismarck splits, changes to fargo co-ops....it has been a diminishing product for the past few years that now is extremely watered down.

We have our best player from Jamestown going to Warroad her senior year. The product has been going downhill for some time now. Wasn’t like that 10-15 years ago. And I agree the atmosphere is going to suck at state 

2 hours ago, sioux rube said:

We have our best player from Jamestown going to Warroad her senior year. The product has been going downhill for some time now. Wasn’t like that 10-15 years ago. And I agree the atmosphere is going to suck at state 

Parents got a new job at Marvin?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/5/2022 at 5:46 PM, Johnny Five said:

Edit: regarding ice.  In fact, one or 2 of the varsity hockey teams may be asked to practice during the school day next year.  They'll get a PE credit!  Hey screw algebra, chemistry, or english I have hockey practice!  It's like being at Shattuck I recon.

Bismarck ice arena update.... sure seems not even a blade of grass or a tablespoon of dirt has been moved for this project, nor has anything including regular maintenance happened inside the current facility to indicate the internal improvements will happen.

Rumor is:

School system and park board are waiting on the rumors of someone putting up a private ice facility so they can back out of spending the money on the 3rd sheet at VFW... (which is a terrible plan, forced into a terrible swamp of a location anyway)

What was promised as one season of really bad ice availability is going to stretch out years longer. (Many have been vocal implying this was the intention all along....)

3 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

So you're saying Mandan's Starion complex might be the best ice in Bis/Man? 

It is actually.

The wachter arena is nice, but schaumberg isnt all that great and cant be used at all in spring summer or fall,  but they don't use wachter  in the summer enough either, they for some reason they use VFW2... which is embarrassing and makes no sense cause its hot as hell and the ice is slush

plus the ice plant system in Wachter is a complete lemon, which is what you get when they go with the bottom of the barrel Pamida special.

Mandans Starion complex is without a doubt the best facility in the Bismarck/Mandan area.

10 hours ago, sioux rube said:

It is and it isn’t close. They did that facility the right way. No corners cut 

I remember when the second ice sheet went in at VFW and it was nothing like what they said it would be.

Might as well use the Civic Center which sucks for hockey.

5 hours ago, cberkas said:

I remember when the second ice sheet went in at VFW and it was nothing like what they said it would be.

Might as well use the Civic Center which sucks for hockey.

Haha...I've heard stories about VF2 and how they pulled the wool over everyone's eyes.  An absolute dumpster fire of a rink that should be used for nothing more than termites, mites, in house squirt games, practices and figure skating.  

• Upvote 2

I am very optimistic about the NDHSAA girls tournament in Minot. Those guys and gals put on a great tournament! I predict it will be the only NDHSAA hockey tournament ever that stays on schedule. 

Growing and supporting female hockey is a passion for me. Sadly, most people who talk about it the loudest really mean “make it the best it can be FOR ME so I can leave at the first chance I get” 

The prevalence of female players leaving will increase and it it makes me sad. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JakeLove said:

I am very optimistic about the NDHSAA girls tournament in Minot. Those guys and gals put on a great tournament! I predict it will be the only NDHSAA hockey tournament ever that stays on schedule. 

Strange prediction.  In this year's edition, the championship game went 2OT, and the 3rd and 5th place games each went OT, as did a consolation match.

What's the correlation between the girls' game and being on-time again?

2 hours ago, ChadR said:

Which HS players from 2020-2021 are playing juniors next year?

Senior to be Nolan Nenow from Jamestown will be either playing for the Bismarck Bobcats or the Sioux Falls Stampede this coming season 

6 hours ago, ChadR said:

Which HS players from 2020-2021 are playing juniors next year?

sounds like ND High school hockey lost a few incoming kids to 16u, and 18u tier 1 programs out of state, since the signings havent been announced yet I wont name but...

some talented kids wont be in the high school league

20 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

sounds like ND High school hockey lost a few incoming kids to 16u, and 18u tier 1 programs out of state, since the signings havent been announced yet I wont name but...

some talented kids wont be in the high school league

Yeah I've heard of a couple as well.  Was talking to a head coach a while back and he said that the development/coaching at the B level of the youth programs is of critical importance now more than ever because you just go on the assumption that your top end kids could leave or are getting offers.

On 7/8/2022 at 7:24 PM, JakeLove said:

Growing and supporting female hockey is a passion for me. Sadly, most people who talk about it the loudest really mean “make it the best it can be FOR ME so I can leave at the first chance I get” 

The prevalence of female players leaving will increase and it it makes me sad. 

Nobody will question Minot pulling this off.  We all know they’ll hammer it.  

Nothing they can do about attendance and atmosphere, however.  There will be much less crossover boys fans and casual fans.  One school to pull from instead of 3 in the host site.  

it’s great they get their own spotlight, unfortunately it’s just the reality of where girls hockey is at in ND. Throw it up against WDA hoops which is a massive draw in the west….

Hearing more dysfunction in the dumpster fire of Bismarck high school hockey.

St. Marys BOYS hockey players are now suddenly forced to play at Bismarck High going forward, instead of the district in which they live as was the case in the past.

Stripping more current and future players from Century, and none from Legacy...

Now the co-ops are

BOYS:

BHS-St. Marys / Century / Legacy

GIRLS:

BHS-Legacy / Century-St. Marys

Sounds like this was all done very much under the table and those effected were not involved and are not happy about it.

On 7/16/2022 at 11:41 PM, Frozen4sioux said:

Hearing more dysfunction in the dumpster fire of Bismarck high school hockey.

St. Marys BOYS hockey players are now suddenly forced to play at Bismarck High going forward, instead of the district in which they live as was the case in the past.

Stripping more current and future players from Century, and none from Legacy...

Now the co-ops are

BOYS:

BHS-St. Marys / Century / Legacy

GIRLS:

BHS-Legacy / Century-St. Marys

Sounds like this was all done very much under the table and those effected were not involved and are not happy about it.

So in boys, Century will coop with Legacy yet the girls will coop with St Mary’s. That’s messed up