SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ ISU

AJS

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

If we don’t beat ISU then we are not a championship level team. Simple as that. I don’t care how good they are this year, they ain’t no JMU

Leave no doubt, we are a 10 point favorite - we are the returning MVFC champions, everyone here should be just as confident as they are over at the Idaho State board. 

22 minutes ago, GoHawks said:

Acting like they've won multiple championships in the last few years when they havnt even made the playoffs :blink:

3.3 wins per year the last decade for them. 3.8 the last 5 years, so they are improving.

We settle in at 5.8, not very good but it’s been better the last 5 years at 7.4.

Just now, shep said:

If Lotysz is listed as a backup that means he's able to play, right?

Pleasantly surprised that Sam Hagen made his way to the 2 deep. 2 Park River guys in the 2 deep.

Based on what I've seen, no, it doesn't necessarily mean that. Look no further than Canady being on the playoff 2-Deep last Fall.

When we played them last, Matt Struck was their QB. But Matty didn't do so hot last spring against us at the Al when he was with Mo St. He got "Struck" all over the place.  I don't know that the Bengals protected Struck better than Mo St. did, I just think that our personnel on the field was night-and-day different and more seasoned against Mo. St. (and Struck) than the 2019 game in Pokey Town.  Our backfield in 2019 comprised Austin Gordan, Dalton Gee, McKinney and a depleted Johanneson.  Mikey Greibel was among the starting WRs (along with Toiv, Wanzek and Maag). Schuster didn't play and Kett made all kinds of questionable decisions in the 2019 game. And Waletzko was hurt and out early in the 2019 contest. On Defense, Hayden Blubaugh was picked on all game in 2019. I don't think the tandem of Blubaugh and Lenny Nelson on the right side of the field frightened them all that much.  The OLBs were Jade Lawrence and Turner... no disrespect to Jade but I like what we have now at outside a lot better with Turner, Navratil, Haas, Shannon and MVJ. All of this, plus in 2019, everything was compounded by the blizzard and the hellacious travel schedule that messed everything up. 

9 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

When we played them last, Matt Struck was their QB. But Matty didn't do so hot last spring against us at the Al when he was with Mo St. He got "Struck" all over the place.  I don't know that the Bengals protected Struck better than Mo St. did, I just think that our personnel on the field was night-and-day different and more seasoned against Mo. St. (and Struck) than the 2019 game in Pokey Town.  Our backfield in 2019 comprised Austin Gordan, Dalton Gee, McKinney and a depleted Johanneson.  Mikey Greibel was among the starting WRs (along with Toiv, Wanzek and Maag). Schuster didn't play and Kett made all kinds of questionable decisions in the 2019 game. And Waletzko was hurt and out early in the 2019 contest. On Defense, Hayden Blubaugh was picked on all game in 2019. I don't think the tandem of Blubaugh and Lenny Nelson on the right side of the field frightened them all that much.  The OLBs were Jade Lawrence and Turner... no disrespect to Jade but I like what we have now at outside a lot better with Turner, Navratil, Haas, Shannon and MVJ. All of this, plus in 2019, everything was compounded by the blizzard and the hellacious travel schedule that messed everything up. 

Nice summary.  Totally different teams.  Plus they are loaded with freshman.  But we can be sure they will throw the ball.  

5 hours ago, shep said:

If Lotysz is listed as a backup that means he's able to play, right?

Pleasantly surprised that Sam Hagen made his way to the 2 deep. 2 Park River guys in the 2 deep.

I was surprised to see Hagen there also. He definitely has the size to a good one. Great to see!

Zavalney is going to be a problem for a lot of defenses. His future is very bright..