SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 FB Attendance

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Under pays out.

8807 for Homecoming is embarrassing.

It was probably even worse than embarrassing.
I used the attendance number from the game stat sheet.
Attendance shows tickets sold, not butts in seats.
Many empty seats scattered through out the central season tickets holder sections.

4 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

the biggest was;
No other Div I football team in the adjacent state area had a student section at mid-field (Montana, Montana St, SD, SDstate, NDSU, & Min). All had them at the 30 yard line and towards the end zone and/or behind the end zone.

Because others do something is never a good reason to do something.... whatever it is in life.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CMSioux said:

On third down maybe but then everyone is cheering along. It's like they don't know what to do unless it is third down.

Idk, I think they have the same "cheer rate" as the rest of the crowd.

And before when they sat behind the opposing bench probably got into the heads of the players a few times...helping create a home field advantage.

12 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Over a couple years, I've sent emails and a letter showing concerns friends and I had of having students sit at mid-field.
A few reasons came to mind, but the biggest was;
No other Div I football team in the adjacent state area had a student section at mid-field (Montana, Montana St, SD, SDstate, NDSU, & Min). All had them at the 30 yard line and towards the end zone and/or behind the end zone.

That argument make sense if the average fan has a hard time getting a good seat.  We aren't there yet.  Students harassing the opposing team is a good thing and I'd like to see that come back

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Cratter said:

Because others do something is never a good reason to do something.... whatever it is in life.

The location of the student section is irrelevant in regards to attendance. Attendance has always been horseshit once late October/November arises at UND. You know, hockey season starts…

Having a team that consistently wins would change that to a degree …

2 hours ago, Sioux95 said:

Students harassing the opposing team is a good thing and I'd like to see that come back

Right? I’d like our entire crowd harassing the opposing team as a better alternative. None of this weak minded only get up on 3rd down bull$%!#. Need to win games and a build a better atmosphere overall first, not be preoccupied regarding student section location.

Location of the student section is currently correct at the 20/30 yard line. 

On 10/24/2021 at 7:34 AM, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

It was probably even worse than embarrassing.
I used the attendance number from the game stat sheet.
Attendance shows tickets sold, not butts in seats.
Many empty seats scattered through out the central season tickets holder sections.

You will have another sellout in 2 years. Not before that though. That is assuming both are still in the same conference.

7 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

You will have another sellout in 2 years. Not before that though. That is assuming both are still in the same conference.

Attendance has not been great for either school this year. 
Next year you play us at home, so you can count your chickens for that game.

I think attendance for this weekend is going to be very light. Losing/frustrating product, hunting, fatigue from fanbase spending last weekend in Nashville, home hockey competing for time, noon start/too early for some college kids after hockey night, good weather to get yard stuff done before snow.  

20 hours ago, UND1992 said:

I think attendance for this weekend is going to be very light. Losing/frustrating product, hunting, fatigue from fanbase spending last weekend in Nashville, home hockey competing for time, noon start/too early for some college kids after hockey night, good weather to get yard stuff done before snow.  

I agree.

Deer Gun opener always has a drop off in attendance.
Denver is one of biggest draws.
Noon is too early this late in year, which hurts tailgating to a degree especially when not a top team in the conference.
This is an extremely nice fall weather wise.

I'm going to FB and 2 MIH games this weekend. Work around the hunting.
Did feed the deer at noon today, was going to do it Tuesday last week before heading to Smashville, but things didn't work out with CS. Picked up some beet tailings at CS and pumpkins from a Pumpkin Patch in Sioux Country this morning.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, F'n Hawks said:

Over/under 7,500?

I want it to be over, but I'd say under. Way too much going against attendance for this one. The addition of hockey being against Denver hurts attendance. Might be wrong page, but tailgating not opening until 8 for a noon game is brutal.