SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 FB Attendance

BarnWinterSportsEngelstad

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I stand by my prior statement that if UND was hosting an opening round game with UM/UND hockey going on that night they'd have outdrawn either SD school, probably all the playoff list, just with people coming out to "start early" for the hockey game. 

Remember: You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning. Right @gfhockey? :D 

That would have made for a pretty crazy day!!!  Maybe UND should always schedule the Minnesota games in GF for Thanksgiving weekend just for that opportunity!! :D

• 1 month later...

During the 2021 UND Football season the Alerus Center showcased a new seating opportunity. Those tickets are NOW ON-SALE!

The Peterson Porch is an exclusive section located on the concourse level on the south bridge deck. These seats are often referred to as “the best seats in the house” and now they can be secured for the entire season.

The Peterson Porch seating provides:

• A unique view of the field
  • Counter height stool with a back
  • Drink rail for your food and beverage

https://assets.engagement.ticketmaster.com/images/properties/1821/images/61783a796b76c.jpg

There are only 40 seats available for the 2022 season and they are $800 apiece for the season. Fan are eligible to purchase sets of 2 or 4 seats and all sales will be determined by the North Dakota Champions Club Priority Point System. All seats are sold as season tickets only.

6 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Whose peterson

Alerus Center announces the opening of new Peterson Porch premium seating section

The Peterson Porch is a new seating area located on the second-floor bridge running along the south wall of the arena. The porch will be available in different capacities for sporting events, concerts and everything in between. The Alerus Center will host a ribbon-cutting at 10 a.m. Sept. 15, and it is expected to make its debut for the Luke Combs concert on Sept. 17.
https://www.grandforksherald.com/newsmd/alerus-center-announces-the-opening-of-new-peterson-porch-premium-seating-section

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

Assuming no one going to fork over $800 per seat when we used to stand there for regular cost

be interesting to see

Thinking they'll be gone before the week ends. 
All the complainers on here about not being able to stand there this season and how great it is to watch the game from there should just devour them ????

Peterson Farms Seed

My thoughts:
I like that they added a drink rail.  I will never pay $800 for a spot.  A bunch of suits sitting there will ruin the vibe.  Since I don't get to stand in the end zone with the people I tailgated with, my couch is sounding pretty comfy and offers a great view of the game.

1 hour ago, UNDBIZ said:

Peterson Farms Seed

My thoughts:
I like that they added a drink rail.  I will never pay $800 for a spot.  A bunch of suits sitting there will ruin the vibe.  Since I don't get to stand in the end zone with the people I tailgated with, my couch is sounding pretty comfy and offers a great view of the game.

Curious, would it make a difference to you if they opened up a section for general admission seating?

1 minute ago, nodak651 said:

Curious, would it make a difference to you if they opened up a section for general admission seating?

This new Peterson Porch sucks for students who are over 21 by the way.  No place to watch the game now if they want to sip on a beer.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Wowza $800 per person for season ticket and must buy sets of two?
That is more some Gopher Football Season Ticket prices

Weren’t most of the people standing there at the game alone or maybe with a buddy or two? Now they have to buy tickets in sets of 2. Are these the most expensive tickets in the building now?

Was a great place to stand and watch the game but I applaud UND/Alerus for getting a business on board to do something creative for football.  Peterson can buy all remaining tickets for every home game in that area for their customers, win/win for both.  If it somehow means more people watching games and more revenue for a program that desperately needs it than we need to do more of it.  

51 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Likely in an upper corner?  No. 

The end zone was fun and rowdy because people were standing and could freely jump/move around.  It also provided quick access to a fresh beer.

1 minute ago, UNDBIZ said:

Likely in an upper corner?  No. 

The end zone was fun and rowdy because people were standing and could freely jump/move around.  It also provided quick access to a fresh beer.

Agree with you on that.  What are they using the other end zone for?  The could sell the other end as standing room only tickets, get some beer tubs that serve that area only, and operate it like the two bars at the ralph with a party/social atmosphere.  150 capacity at say $20 a ticket.  Best of both worlds.

Different topic.  If UND were to go FBS, are 15k seats even required?  Reading the NCAA bylaws, I don't think they are, as long as the "tickets" are sold.  Could just sell 3k "standing room" tickets to a business.  Attendance with the tickets is only required if they are sold at less then 1/3rd of the highest ticket cost.  Bylaws mention nothing of capacity.

-------------------------
20.9.9.3.1.2 Paid Attendance. [FBS] For purposes of computing paid attendance figures, tickets must be sold for at least one-third of the highest regular established ticket price as established prior to the season, regardless of whether they are used for admission. Tickets sold at less than one-third of the highest regular established price may be counted as paid attendance only if they are used for admission. Student attendance may be counted as paid attendance if the student pays at least one-third of the highest regular established ticket price or, if the student actually attends the game and any one of the following conditions applies: (Adopted: 4/28/05 effective 8/1/05) (a) The student paid an athletics fee; (b) The student paid an institutional fee of which a certain portion was allocated to the department of intercollegiate athletics; or (c) The student paid no athletics fee, but the institution allocated to the department of intercollegiate athletics a certain portion of tuition income or general operating funds as the equivalent of a student athletics fee.

33 minutes ago, homer said:

Was a great place to stand and watch the game but I applaud UND/Alerus for getting a business on board to do something creative for football.  Peterson can buy all remaining tickets for every home game in that area for their customers, win/win for both.  If it somehow means more people watching games and more revenue for a program that desperately needs it than we need to do more of it.  

Also the days of the und DBs would get beat and jaw with the fans

• Upvote 1

It's good to see the alerus center/UND trying new things, but I feel like they really missed the mark on it by overpricing it, especially for the first year.  We only seem to get 5 home games a year, so you're paying $160 per seat per game. I enjoy the end zone view, but it's not that much better that I'm willing to pay 6-7 times more than my other seats.  Not to mention I personally don't even like most high top seating so I'd end up wanting to stand anyway.

16 hours ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

Alerus Center announces the opening of new Peterson Porch premium seating section

The Peterson Porch is a new seating area located on the second-floor bridge running along the south wall of the arena. The porch will be available in different capacities for sporting events, concerts and everything in between. The Alerus Center will host a ribbon-cutting at 10 a.m. Sept. 15, and it is expected to make its debut for the Luke Combs concert on Sept. 17.
https://www.grandforksherald.com/newsmd/alerus-center-announces-the-opening-of-new-peterson-porch-premium-seating-section

Instead of taking up a portion of the walkway on the end zones, and being separated by a measly curtain, I think it'd be a lot nicer and probably a lot more profitable to do something that a lot of NFL stadiums are doing now, which is putting suites on the turf level. It keeps the railings clear for SRO, and there would be that air of exclusivity to be on the field that I think people who'd be willing to pay for the Peterson Porch are shooting for. Call it the Peterson Patio if they still want naming rights

• Upvote 3