SiouxSports.com Forum

Looking Toward The Fall

geaux_sioux

12 minutes ago, jon28 said:

Turner and Haas are coming back

That is great news. It was nice to see the OL transfer from Portland State but I would like to get a clearer picture about that the OL will look like this fall. Kilty looked good in his two starts. I hope the OL hits the weights and buffets hard this summer!

Just now, Teeder11 said:

Sounds like the makings of a good linebacking corps, if McNeil (sp.) is the real deal. 

Larson, Sharnowski (I know, spelling), Reynolds, White, McNeil, Turner, Haas,  Navratil, Urweiler.  Oh my. Yikes!

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

So just to be clear, wasn’t Devore just a redshirt junior? Would have technically had two years of eligibility remaining but chose to forgo them? Kind of a shocker. 

Could see him wanting to stay closer to home with the business he started with a UST buddy.  https://www.foodskimn.com/

Maybe he transfers there?  I mean if he was a redshirt junior he may have graduated this spring anyway.  Either way good luck to everyone moving on.

5 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Could see him wanting to stay closer to home with the business he started with a UST buddy.  https://www.foodskimn.com/

Maybe he transfers there?  I mean if he was a redshirt junior he may have graduated this spring anyway.  Either way good luck to everyone moving on.

Jet Ski food delivery trumps UND Football????  This can't be the reason.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

?  WHO?

If you compare to our 2015 LBS we're a little light across the board. DL is too small as well, but that’s been well covered.

Idowu 6’2” 225        Turner 6’2” 225

Rattelle 5’11” 255    Larson 6’2” 240

Rich Jr 6’1” 240       Krzanowski 6’2” 235

Labat 6’3” 235        Haas 6’5” 230

We just don’t have the thump in the middle. I remember teams trying to run on us back in 2015 and getting stone walled. NDSU only rushed for 115 yards against that team and they were much better than the NDSU team that pounded our front 7 into dust this year.

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

If you compare to our 2015 LBS we're a little light across the board. DL is too small as well, but that’s been well covered.

Idowu 6’2” 225        Turner 6’2” 225

Rattelle 5’11” 255    Larson 6’2” 240

Rich Jr 6’1” 240       Krzanowski 6’2” 235

Labat 6’3” 235        Haas 6’5” 230

We just don’t have the thump in the middle. I remember teams trying to run on us back in 2015 and getting stone walled. NDSU only rushed for 115 yards against that team and they were much better than the NDSU team that pounded our front 7 into dust this year.

With all due respect, Rich is listed at 230 and Ratelle at 250 in the media guide. On the average, this years lbers are 1.5" taller and 2.5 lbs lighter per guy.  Not sure how they would be considered "too small"?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

With all due respect, Rich is listed at 230 and Ratelle at 250 in the media guide. On the average, this years lbers are 1.5" taller and 2.5 lbs lighter per guy.  Not sure how they would be considered "too small"?

The results on the field speak for themselves. Also, the weights listed aren’t exactly accurate all the time. NDSU game is the only thing I need to reference for this point.

5 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

The results on the field speak for themselves. Also, the weights listed aren’t exactly accurate all the time. NDSU game is the only thing I need to reference for this point.

This is a serious comment?  One of these LB crew won the conference, and won an NCAA playoff game, did you forget already?  You did mention "results on the field".  ;)

5 hours ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

This is a serious comment?  One of these LB crew won the conference, and won an NCAA playoff game, did you forget already?  You did mention "results on the field".  ;)

Would have been an undefeated seed if they were better at stopping the run and would have actually had a chance against JMU, so yeah, results on the field. In our two losses they were getting blasted. I’d prefer to be the hammer, how about you?

Additionally, that 2015 team was probably better than our team this year by the end of the season when the offense was clicking. Their getting gyped from the playoffs wasn’t because the LBs weren’t stout.

59 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

But...each of them could put on another 10 pounds don't you think?

Then the numbers become quite similar.

56 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Would have been an undefeated seed if they were better at stopping the run and would have actually had a chance against JMU, so yeah, results on the field. In our two losses they were getting blasted. I’d prefer to be the hammer, how about you?

Additionally, that 2015 team was probably better than our team this year by the end of the season when the offense was clicking. Their getting gyped from the playoffs isn’t wasn’t because the LBs weren’t stout.

If not for Missouri State tie breaker wouldn't we have been the Conference Champ and thus a seed? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, geaux_sioux said:

Additionally, that 2015 team was probably better than our team this year by the end of the season when the offense was clicking. Their getting gyped from the playoffs isn’t wasn’t because the LBs weren’t stout.

This years team beat both conference co champs and SIU who was also an NCAA qtr finalist.   

im not saying the 2015 team wasn’t good, it was good.   The linebackers were good and it should have been in the playoffs IMO.