SiouxSports.com Forum

The all-new CCHA 2021-22

BigGreyAnt41

50 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I remember reading something about CCHA coming back but I don't know if I knew it was a for sure thing.  I first saw it in the article about Thome/St. Thomas, and now here.  Where can I find info about how the conferences are going to be aligned next year?

30 minutes ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

I remember reading something about CCHA coming back but I don't know if I knew it was a for sure thing.  I first saw it in the article about Thome/St. Thomas, and now here.  Where can I find info about how the conferences are going to be aligned next year?

New CCHA is basically the WCHA without Huntsville or Alaskas, but with St. Thomas.

BSU, Tech, Kato, St. Thomas, LSSU, Bowling Green, Northern Mich, Ferris. 

1 hour ago, BigGreyAnt41 said:

Here's a College Hockey News article on Don Lucia becoming the commissioner of the newly reformed CCHA.

Lucia Jumps Back In, Named New CCHA Commissioner : College Hockey News

48 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

donny gonna go after western and miami for sure

19 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

why?

CCHA currently has seven teams; Lucia would like to have eight (or an even number). If an NCHC team were to leave for the CCHA, I bet it would be Miami.

"..[I]f we can get that eighth team, it's extremely important," Lucia said.

1 minute ago, Kevin G said:

CCHA currently has seven teams; Lucia would like to have eight (or an even number). If an NCHC team were to leave for the CCHA, I bet it would be Miami.

"..[I]f we can get that eighth team, it's extremely important," Lucia said.

St. Thomas was team #8.  They are at the ideal number.

16 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

You've obviously never made the road trip to Mankato.;)

I haven't.  But I've been to Oxford and it's a great trip.  Regardless, I think Mankato is happy where they're at, and has CC and MIami as cautionary tales.  And even if Miami left, I'd much rather take ASU to add national profile.

1 hour ago, nodakvindy said:

I haven't.  But I've been to Oxford and it's a great trip.  Regardless, I think Mankato is happy where they're at, and has CC and MIami as cautionary tales.  And even if Miami left, I'd much rather take ASU to add national profile.

It’s selfish reasons only for me.  We always had a big group that would make the yearly trek down there.  Definitely boys night out.

37 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

It’s selfish reasons only for me.  We always had a big group that would make the yearly trek down there.  Definitely boys night out.

I do think we should alternate between them and Bemidji on the non-conference schedule.  Haven't understood the need to have BSU on every year.

Western Michigan loves being in the NCHC and isn't going anywhere. If you don't believe me ask Adam Bodnar. Go ahead and ask him. :)

As far as Miami goes, do you really think they can just spend 1.5-2 million on an exit fee? I would really doubt it. Miami isn't going anywhere either. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, nodakvindy said:

Don’t know if Bale speaks for Mankato, but he seems to think Minnesota State would like to be in the NCHC.

1 hour ago, Goon said:

Western Michigan loves being in the NCHC and isn't going anywhere. If you don't believe me ask Adam Bodnar. Go ahead and ask him. :)

As far as Miami goes, do you really think they can just spend 1.5-2 million on an exit fee? I would really doubt it. Miami isn't going anywhere either. 

Does the exit fee clause have an expiration date?

16 hours ago, nodakvindy said:

Mankato has a good thing going in the (W)CCHA.  Why change what's working? 

95% of fans and the administra ton would move to the nchc in a second. In fact, I heard (not sure if it's completely true or not), that msu told the other schools when the ccha was formed that we were still going to make the push to join the nchc.

It just makes sense for us. There is little fan excitement about playing Ferris or bg or lssu. There just isn't a natural rivalry with them.

• Upvote 3