SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC tournament game #1. Miami....we think.

Wilbur

9 minutes ago, tnt said:

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hockey-east/2015/9/16/9342563/ntdp-goalie-adam-scheel-commits-to-notre-dame

Here is the link to his commitment to Notre Dame, so I can only assume his mind was changed when St. Cyr committed.  Either that, or he figured out he committed to the wrong UND!

If he's that slow, we sure don't want him on the ice - could get hurt.

5 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Not to geat ahead of ourselves, but if we win tonight, do we choose to play the 3pm game on Monday or the 8 pm game?  

I'd opt for the 8 pm game in front of more fired up local fans. The extra few hours of rest by taking the earlier game is overrated IMO.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I'd take the 3pm for the little advantage that there is.

I don’t think it is the teams choice, it will be the highest remaining seed in the 3 PM game vs the lowest remaining seed! Correct me if I am wrong!

50 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

I'd take the 3pm for the little advantage that there is.

Wut??

Monday 3 pm game in GF.........expect half of what limited fans that would potentially attend.

No chance UND plays at 3 pm on Monday if they win tonight.

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Every time I see a little goaltender play well the memory comes back.  A few years ago during the U18 World Tournament Dylan St. Cyr (Notre Dame now) played lights out.....and every game the memory was just there of the little Michigan goalie that could.....

St. Cyr really hasn't been that good at Notre Dame.

He was originally going to Michigan

1 hour ago, tnt said:

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hockey-east/2015/9/16/9342563/ntdp-goalie-adam-scheel-commits-to-notre-dame

Here is the link to his commitment to Notre Dame, so I can only assume his mind was changed when St. Cyr committed.  Either that, or he figured out he committed to the wrong UND!

You mean the one from Fargo?:wink:

ndsu.jpg

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Wut??

Monday 3 pm game in GF.........expect half of what limited fans that would potentially attend.

No chance UND plays at 3 pm on Monday if they win tonight.

I think he meant the advantage of extra rest. If they take the early game on Monday and win, they'd get extra rest for Tuesday.

That's been the way the team has typically gone if they win in a semi final and are the higher seed -- take the late game and be as close to full rest as possible.

• Upvote 1