SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC tournament game #1. Miami....we think.

Wilbur

5 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Just a clear and unmistakable difference in talent on the ice tonight. Miami gave plenty of effort, but they simply weren't in our league in this one. Definitely a d-bag thing to publicly say about your seniors, but he's really not wrong. 

UND could have had 10+ goals tonight. They absolutely skated circles around Miami for long chunks of the game. So many Grade As in the third that UND didn't connect on.

Massive game from Adams and Guchi. They were so dang good.

Not our best effort, either. D got a bit sloppy in the zone at times, especially early on. But, in the second and for most of the third, UND absolutely dominated. 

Looking forward to the semis. Still missing Mash and I sure hope JBD is ok. He seemed alright after he shook off the cobwebs. Absolute warrior to keep going and even blocked a shot.

They will claim he was out the dangerous area. Miami had the puck and a power play. And would stop the play if it rotated in his direction as he was defenseless. 

Bergeron wasted zero time eh?  I can see after the final team meetings at a post season presser, but directly under the bus before they left the arena on the bus huh.

I get the hole hardwork beats talent line, but that Miami team got beat by a team going through the motions for a good portion of that game.  Without a sensational third period from Ludvig that game is 11-2.

I agree that his squad needs some players, but maybe let the dust settle on the season. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

They will claim he was out the dangerous area. Miami had the puck and a power play. And would stop the play if it rotated in his direction as he was defenseless. 

Yeah, I get it. I just think it's pure nonsense. He nearly took a puck off the head while down!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

I thought the league was putting the onus on protecting the players be it a hit from behind or I would assume crashing into the boards head first and laying on the ice hurt.  I really think the refs should have blown the play dead when JBD didn't get up immediately.

56 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

I thought the league was putting the onus on protecting the players be it a hit from behind or I would assume crashing into the boards head first and laying on the ice hurt.  I really think the refs should have blown the play dead when JBD didn't get up immediately.

Would have they really required him to keep playing if they had no time outs?

52 minutes ago, Redneksioux said:

Would have they really required him to keep playing if they had no time outs?

When a player is injured and unable to continue play or go to the
bench, play shall not be stopped until the injured player’s team has secured
possession of the puck. If the player’s team is in possession of the puck at
the time of injury, play shall be stopped immediately, unless that team is
in a scoring position.

When it is obvious that a player has sustained a serious injury, an on-ice
official may stop play immediately.

That is an official's nightmare.  Season on the line, team trailing with the puck with a scoring opportunity.  You are going to get yelled at either way. 

JBD should have laid there and just let it play out.  Imagine if they were playing Omaha and Abate was on the ice and saw he was shaken up. 

29 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

That is an official's nightmare.  Season on the line, team trailing with the puck with a scoring opportunity.  You are going to get yelled at either way. 

JBD should have laid there and just let it play out.  Imagine if they were playing Omaha and Abate was on the ice and saw he was shaken up. 

Kleven would have been carried off the ice a conquering hero.  But not available for the next game. 

9 hours ago, ND_Texan said:

Watching Penn State and Notre Dame. Both teams look pathetic. Hard to believe these are the #4 and #5 seeds in the B1G.

That may be, but the top three seeds in B1G are much better this year than they have been in a while.  With no inter-conference games, it's difficult to tell how strong they are. 

On 3/13/2021 at 10:45 AM, 90siouxfan said:

Interesting that the rules disregard the health and well being of a student athlete in order to preserve the integrity of competition.  Tough spot for the officials, ambulance chasers and woke karens/chads drool over this kind of stuff.

I'm not any of the above but it was pretty clear that JBD was very possibly seriously hurt when he physically couldn't get up right away.  The refs also saw he blew a tire and went head first into boards.  Scary moment and I hope JBD is ok.

A few years ago, a Mankato goalie dislodged his own net to stop play when a teammate was similarly incapacitated, taking a penalty.

I wish the thought had occurred to Scheel, because it would have been the thing to do, especially with the game in hand. 

1 hour ago, jk said:

A few years ago, a Mankato goalie dislodged his own net to stop play when a teammate was similarly incapacitated, taking a penalty.

I wish the thought had occurred to Scheel, because it would have been the thing to do, especially with the game in hand. 

Yeah, he should have not only dislodged it, he should have pushed it over to embarrass the refs in the process.  Either that or Berry should have sent more guys on to the ice.   I assume too many men is too many men, so why not send a handful out there.  I am sure there would be some other penalty they would call like unsportsmanlike though.  

50 minutes ago, tnt said:

Yeah, he should have not only dislodged it, he should have pushed it over to embarrass the refs in the process.  Either that or Berry should have sent more guys on to the ice.   I assume too many men is too many men, so why not send a handful out there.  I am sure there would be some other penalty they would call like unsportsmanlike though.  

that is an interesting solution, wonder how that would go down and then be dissected by everyone, refs, coaches, players, fans, internet nobodies....