SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC tournament game #1. Miami....we think.

Wilbur

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Well, its official.  We are good to go with Miami.

Make life difficult for Ludvig.  We don't need to see a tiny goalie put on a show and have the game of his life in the playoffs.  We've seen that movie.  

The Karl Goehring Story?

14 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Well, its official.  We are good to go with Miami.

Make life difficult for Ludvig.  We don't need to see a tiny goalie put on a show and have the game of his life in the playoffs.  We've seen that movie.  

6'1" is tiny?  ;) 

17 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Is he related to Bucky #$%&! Dent? <-- How he's known to Red Sox fans. 

Every time I see a little goaltender play well the memory comes back.  A few years ago during the U18 World Tournament Dylan St. Cyr (Notre Dame now) played lights out.....and every game the memory was just there of the little Michigan goalie that could.....

49 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Every time I see a little goaltender play well the memory comes back.  A few years ago during the U18 World Tournament Dylan St. Cyr (Notre Dame now) played lights out.....and every game the memory was just there of the little Michigan goalie that could.....

Speaking of Dylan St. Cyr, would we even have Adam Scheel without him committing to Notre Dame?   Curious how that whole thing played out. 

Per Schlossman:

UND will still be without one key player tonight. Forward Grant Mismash (upper body) has been ruled out for the quarterfinal game against Miami. Because there are two days between the quarterfinals and semifinals, Berry said if UND happens to get past Miami, it will re-evaluate Mismash on Monday.

Mismash has not played since Feb. 12 against Denver, when he sustained an upper-body injury. He has missed the last five games. Mismash, a senior, was having a terrific season, tallying nine goals and 18 points in 18 games.

2 hours ago, tnt said:

Speaking of Dylan St. Cyr, would we even have Adam Scheel without him committing to Notre Dame?   Curious how that whole thing played out. 

Good point.  With Scheel being an Ohio kid I was surprised he didn't end up at a number of those midwestern schools.  I mean, Bowling Green, Ohio State, Miami, Notre Dame, insert Michigan directional or university school.  Or head east to a load of schools.  

15 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Good point.  With Scheel being an Ohio kid I was surprised he didn't end up at a number of those midwestern schools.  I mean, Bowling Green, Ohio State, Miami, Notre Dame, insert Michigan directional or university school.  Or head east to a load of schools.  

https://www.sbncollegehockey.com/hockey-east/2015/9/16/9342563/ntdp-goalie-adam-scheel-commits-to-notre-dame

Here is the link to his commitment to Notre Dame, so I can only assume his mind was changed when St. Cyr committed.  Either that, or he figured out he committed to the wrong UND!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1