SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

South Dakota state coach made adjustments at half and we did nothing to improve our offense. we got out scored 22 to 11 in the third quarter.  We need somebody to hit outside shot and looks like they have just put a restriction on Borowicz from shooting outside shot.

Our offense looks terrible to many people standing and then we have no outside game. South Dakota State looks like current type of modern offense being played with go inside and then kick back outside for the three and were playing old school basketball just pound it inside and look at the numbers it should have been close game. The difference is they shot 9 more threes and and made seven more three throws so we loose by 18 with us giving up one more bucket on turnover. We shot today 1 for 11 today for three's and this modern day basketball you have to have people hit the three Manson shot the most today shooting 0-6 and only one hitting three point shot was Daninger and Borowicz never attempted 3 point shot. Also we are showing short bench where our front line people are playing tired and it showed on the court today and South Dakota State went at least nine deep today. I think when we fall behind 20 points in games like today we need to start playing some our freshman it may even we loose by 40 points but there is no way were going to build this team without them getting more playing time. We can't expect to compete with short bench so we might as well start looking at building this team for next year. Also Borowicz must be in real dog house with her not starting both games this weekend for both halves.  I would like to hear some reply from Bernhard on the status of the team and i see that Davis did dress for the game but were still missing several players.

So Kacie's minutes were even less last night (25) yet she lead the team in scoring. She's the team's leading scorer by about 5 pts/game. 

She has outscored #1 and #3 combined in the last 2 games in less minutes (and not starting) not to mention she single handedly carried this team vs NDSU in the 2nd half to make that game competitive when it shouldn't have been.

Bad coaches can't or won't make in game adjustments when they should. Dumb coaches make personnel decisions to try to justify a point in their minds. Looks like both shoes unfortunately fit at UND right now.

This past weekend the two South Dakota Schools have been making a statement to rest of the Summit league in women's basketball which most observers already knew is they are different level than other teams in the Summit. This past year with granting of extra eligibility for last year just about guaranteed these two schools another year of dominance in the Summit conference. South Dakota got return of their three stars of Sjerven, Lamb and Korngable for fifth year and with backed up talent they were set to have another good year and it sure showed against our girls this week. Then we come to South Dakota State they only have one returning 5 year player Irwin very good player giving them depth while their major star recovered from season ending injury last year. The thing with South Dakota State is they have number seniors or i should say seniors that gave them extra year of eligibility coming next year or the year after. Also adding that South Dakota State has recruited number of very good young talent that are fighting for playing time wonderful position to be in with small mid major program. This was the position that UND and North Dakota State used to be in schools that had tradition of winning and where top athletes wanted to come and play on winning teams. Both programs are in process of rebuilding and are different phases of that process but something is missing we don't seem to have interest of fans or community to get back there and seems we are not promoted even by schools themselves like back then.  In the past athletic departments and community would have put urgency to getting the program tops in the conferences they were in but now i don't see that now were one sport schools and that is where media is trained on and also the schools. I have question for all to ponder we have example of similar situation in Nebraska what happens if these sports fall on tough times like it has in Nebraska their recognition and following falls on hard times. What effect does this have on schools and communities. I can hear all sorts of that is not going to happen but in past when we had Tom Clifford leading the university, he wanted us to be winners in anything we did and he work hard to make that happen. I have nothing against new president in fact i think he has gotten off to good start but i do have questions about AD what his focus is on for UND athletics. I started about dominance of South Dakota schools but i leaked into my frustration about wanting UND to be best and i thought we were getting there back there in 2016 and 2017 when we started to have you conference champions in basketball for women's and men's, volleyball, and even with the football and hockey program was also at the top. Then we got into cutting sports and look where we are now with most of these programs not desirable position to be in and i have to believe most people want this for UND.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ND-fan said:

This past weekend the two South Dakota Schools have been making a statement to rest of the Summit league in women's basketball which most observers already knew is they are different level than other teams in the Summit. This past year with granting of extra eligibility for last year just about guaranteed these two schools another year of dominance in the Summit conference. South Dakota got return of their three stars of Sjerven, Lamb and Korngable for fifth year and with backed up talent they were set to have another good year and it sure showed against our girls this week. Then we come to South Dakota State they only have one returning 5 year player Irwin very good player giving them depth while their major star recovered from season ending injury last year. The thing with South Dakota State is they have number seniors or i should say seniors that gave them extra year of eligibility coming next year or the year after. Also adding that South Dakota State has recruited number of very good young talent that are fighting for playing time wonderful position to be in with small mid major program. This was the position that UND and North Dakota State used to be in schools that had tradition of winning and where top athletes wanted to come and play on winning teams. Both programs are in process of rebuilding and are different phases of that process but something is missing we don't seem to have interest of fans or community to get back there and seems we are not promoted even by schools themselves like back then.  In the past athletic departments and community would have put urgency to getting the program tops in the conferences they were in but now i don't see that now were one sport schools and that is where media is trained on and also the schools. I have question for all to ponder we have example of similar situation in Nebraska what happens if these sports fall on tough times like it has in Nebraska their recognition and following falls on hard times. What effect does this have on schools and communities. I can hear all sorts of that is not going to happen but in past when we had Tom Clifford leading the university, he wanted us to be winners in anything we did and he work hard to make that happen. I have nothing against new president in fact i think he has gotten off to good start but i do have questions about AD what his focus is on for UND athletics. I started about dominance of South Dakota schools but i leaked into my frustration about wanting UND to be best and i thought we were getting there back there in 2016 and 2017 when we started to have you conference champions in basketball for women's and men's, volleyball, and even with the football and hockey program was also at the top. Then we got into cutting sports and look where we are now with most of these programs not desirable position to be in and i have to believe most people want this for UND.

If you wrote a 100 pages it would be one paragraph 

2 hours ago, ND-fan said:

I think I had a seizure trying to read this.

16 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Cutting sports was supposed to let us support others more

the question I ask

Where is chaves

He made the right decision in firing Brew despite a year left on his contract, so he did that.

*I keep telling you, the SDSU quarter final game was the worst I have ever seen them play.  SDSU played awful (by their standards) and won by 30.