SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-2022 Season

SWSiouxMN

Nice win - we looked ok

need scoring from more players

doesn’t appear we have much of a bench

katie is impressive - just minimize the turnovers - I think that will get better

o lake liked great

what happened to the other big - would be like a junior

nice to see improvement- can see the light at the end of the table 

not sure of the x and o’s capabilities of our coach yet

41 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Nice win - we looked ok

need scoring from more players

doesn’t appear we have much of a bench

katie is impressive - just minimize the turnovers - I think that will get better

o lake liked great

what happened to the other big - would be like a junior

nice to see improvement- can see the light at the end of the table 

not sure of the x and o’s capabilities of our coach yet

I think she is fine with X and O's.  I see a likeness to Roebuck in her coaching.  Recruiting very good.  Missing a couple Joannie's.

54 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

I think she is fine with X and O's.  I see a likeness to Roebuck in her coaching.  Recruiting very good.  Missing a couple Joannie's.

I think that she's doing a very good job with what she has, and I think that she probably has less this year than she had last year, but already has four times as many wins this year as last year.  Plus, it looks like she's doing a great job of recruiting.  Gutsy move to hire her after a 2-19 season, but I think that it's going to prove to be a good hire.

5 minutes ago, MoSiouxFan said:

I think that she's doing a very good job with what she has, and I think that she probably has less this year than she had last year, but already has four times as many wins this year as last year.  Plus, it looks like she's doing a great job of recruiting.  Gutsy move to hire her after a 2-19 season, but I think that it's going to prove to be a good hire.

I agree with her hire.  She was dealt a tough draw with covid and injuries.  Mall will do just fine.  I believe I was one of the very few that agreed she should be hired last year.  We will be top 3 either this year or next.  

14 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

I agree with her hire.  She was dealt a tough draw with covid and injuries.  Mall will do just fine.  I believe I was one of the very few that agreed she should be hired last year.  We will be top 3 either this year or next.  

She's a sharp, young, energetic coach that bleeds green.  Despite giving up 75 tonight and 85 last week at S. Dak., I think one of the differences between this year and last year is that, overall, she has the team playing a lot better defense.

18 hours ago, MoSiouxFan said:

I think her support staff is also strong and good at recruiting - it would have been a total turnover of coaching staff and probably some current players and recruits if they would have hired from outside. 

59 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I have been pleasantly surprised on how this season has gone so far. The returning players seem to be carrying the load. We need some newcomers to step up.

Daninger hasn't been too bad in a reserve role (although she is a senior this year).  Davis has been okay off the bench as well but I would guess she would be more of the scrappy defender who can occasionally score.  I think Anderson will be the one to watch as the conference season progresses, provided that she stays healthy.