SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

I have an authentic black size 56 Sioux jersey for sale. It has GRIMALDI on the back and his numbers on the back and shoulders(19). They are a 3 layer number. All stitched on one at a time. I can send you pics is you like. 400.00 OBO. 218-731-3113. The numbers are green and the name is white. Like Before they decided to make the numbers "more visible". I want to get another Kelly Green. I already have 2 blacks.

• 2 weeks later...

Green jersey looks just ok. The black jersey on the other hand, is atrocious! Terrible to see the black jersey that usually is praised so high at UND, suck so much. Disgusting!

Additional note, the women's team with the North Dakota symbol and logo actually have better jerseys than the men's team now. Yep, I said it!

Green jersey looks just ok. The black jersey on the other hand, is atrocious! Terrible to see the black jersey that usually is praised so high at UND, suck so much. Disgusting!

The letters are way too small for not having a logo on it. There's plenty of space. Use it.

The black and green authentic jerseys in The Ralph.

405197_433171963364458_100000149730665_1806245_1954938831_n.jpg

I initially liked the white that the team wore. My 11 year old sketched out a better design than these. Must have been a marketing genius that came up with something that requires the fans to spend an extra $79.23 (or however much they are going to charge to get numbers added) to make them look somewhat palatable. These are comparable to the infamous jerseys of 1993. Jeez. Make an effort.

I initially liked the white that the team wore. My 11 year old sketched out a better design than these. Must have been a marketing genius that came up with something that requires the fans to spend an extra $79.23 (or however much they are going to charge to get numbers added) to make them look somewhat palatable. These are comparable to the infamous jerseys of 1993. Jeez. Make an effort.

I wonder if that isn't part of the goal with an interim jersey - ensure that when you move to the new "Roughriders" or "Cavalry" or whatever jersey that nobody likes the old generic ones better...

At least they don't have a big Alerus logo across the face of them. Sarcasm intended.

Honestly they look like throwbacks.

Throwbacks or throw-ups?

Honestly, it seems like they tried to make them look older (like you said) but failed miserably. Old jerseys didn't use double-striping on letters/numbers, nor did vintage jerseys have big armpit colors to contrast with the rest of the jersey.

A few tweaks could make them look great:

1) Enlarge the front wordmark for cripe's sake

2) Thin the spacing between the striping so they don't take up so much space

3) Ditch the double-striping on these...looks better on a Sioux jersey, but doesn't fit these

4) Get rid of the contrasting armpit color on the white...makes it look like a cheap practice jersey

If you do that, the jersey will improve immensely. It will have a lot better balance and look more professional.

I wouldn't think many prospective recruits let the jersey design influence their decision much. :)

I don't know Oregons recruiting has improved since adding all the different uniform combinations, I know a few people who have factored jerseys in to their college decison and I'll admit I thought about jerseys when picking a school, although that was just part of the factor and not the overall decider.

Just too much going on. There are too many colored patches and stripes, so all the jerseys are different even though the layout is the same. Look at the stripes, they don't even look like the same pattern even though they are, because of the 3 color scheme. Throw in the retro laces for bad measure.

I like the white ones the most and green least, used to be other way around. I especially don't like the white outline around the shoulders on the blacks and greens(another difference between the jerseys), or the black shoulder and pit area on the greens.

As long as we win, I don't care if they wear garbage bags, tho.

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Jerseys
  • The Sicatoka locked and unlocked this topic