SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

I'm a bit worried about the new jerseys being sold come fall. Replicas are replicas, but authentics are supposed to be the same as what the players wear.

However...

Starting this past fall for the 2011-12 NHL season, NHL Reebok Authentics are NOT the same as on-ice jerseys. I'll try to keep this short, but I'm going to post the story from the start.

Back when Reebok introduced the Edge jerseys in fall of 2007, they were new material that was moisture-resistant and stretchy, and had a really tight and ergonomic design. Well as the season went on, more and more players hated it because the jersey wicked moisture too good and sweat would run into players gloves and skates, moreso than they liked. So, during the course of that first season in the Edge jerseys and especially into the second year of them, most players had switched to a modified Edge jersey....the 2.0 (or 7287 for those who are avid jersey people). Basically, the cut of the jersey was loosened up a bit and that techy material was replaced by a heavy-duty airknit like on the previous Reebok jerseys prior to the Edge (which is currently what UND's jerseys are...the air knit). However, after this change, the authentic jerseys sold in stores weren't changed like the on-ice jerseys...they were all still the same as the original 1.0 with that stretchy, moisture-wicking fabric.

Fine...the jerseys were at least like what the players had been wearing and the retail authentics were still made in Canada and were good quality.

However, for 2011-12, Reebok changed that.

For the start of the 2011-12 season, Reebok made a few branding tweaks to the jerseys. They replaced the vector logo on back with the Reebok wordmark, among a few other tiny variances. Well, Reebok had to start making new jerseys for the stores. But, this time they stopped making them in Canada (unlike the on-ice jerseys which ARE made in Canada). They are now produced in Indonesia and the product is FAR from what the actual on-ice jerseys are. The material isn't much different from your average replica jersey and the quality of the stitching, embroidery, and patches has suffered a lot. Despite these huge differences, the price has remained the same...which is expensive for what you are getting.

Because of these "Indo-Edge" jerseys (which are bordering on the edge of false advertisement), it has me worried that the new North Dakota jerseys that will be sold at retail will be these cheap quality "authentic" jerseys from Indonesia as well.

If that's the case, I hope the jersey collectors around town will stand up against it. It's one thing to pay $250 for a good product that is the same as on-ice, but to pay the same amount for a poor representation is a bit wrong, in my opinion.

Just thought I'd throw this out there for the die-hards.

No kidding. If what you say is true, it's definitely false advertising to call them "authentic". If I was to purchase an "authentic" jersey, I would expect it to be the exact same item that the players wear. Just no numbers...

I'm a bit worried about the new jerseys being sold come fall. Replicas are replicas, but authentics are supposed to be the same as what the players wear.

However...

Starting this past fall for the 2011-12 NHL season, NHL Reebok Authentics are NOT the same as on-ice jerseys. I'll try to keep this short, but I'm going to post the story from the start.

Back when Reebok introduced the Edge jerseys in fall of 2007, they were new material that was moisture-resistant and stretchy, and had a really tight and ergonomic design. Well as the season went on, more and more players hated it because the jersey wicked moisture too good and sweat would run into players gloves and skates, moreso than they liked. So, during the course of that first season in the Edge jerseys and especially into the second year of them, most players had switched to a modified Edge jersey....the 2.0 (or 7287 for those who are avid jersey people). Basically, the cut of the jersey was loosened up a bit and that techy material was replaced by a heavy-duty airknit like on the previous Reebok jerseys prior to the Edge (which is currently what UND's jerseys are...the air knit). However, after this change, the authentic jerseys sold in stores weren't changed like the on-ice jerseys...they were all still the same as the original 1.0 with that stretchy, moisture-wicking fabric.

Fine...the jerseys were at least like what the players had been wearing and the retail authentics were still made in Canada and were good quality.

However, for 2011-12, Reebok changed that.

For the start of the 2011-12 season, Reebok made a few branding tweaks to the jerseys. They replaced the vector logo on back with the Reebok wordmark, among a few other tiny variances. Well, Reebok had to start making new jerseys for the stores. But, this time they stopped making them in Canada (unlike the on-ice jerseys which ARE made in Canada). They are now produced in Indonesia and the product is FAR from what the actual on-ice jerseys are. The material isn't much different from your average replica jersey and the quality of the stitching, embroidery, and patches has suffered a lot. Despite these huge differences, the price has remained the same...which is expensive for what you are getting.

Because of these "Indo-Edge" jerseys (which are bordering on the edge of false advertisement), it has me worried that the new North Dakota jerseys that will be sold at retail will be these cheap quality "authentic" jerseys from Indonesia as well.

If that's the case, I hope the jersey collectors around town will stand up against it. It's one thing to pay $250 for a good product that is the same as on-ice, but to pay the same amount for a poor representation is a bit wrong, in my opinion.

Just thought I'd throw this out there for the die-hards.

Insight like this is why I keep coming back to SiouxSports. Nice post.

Has anybody heard anything about when and where the new jerseys will be available for sale?

The Sioux Shop at Ralph Engelstad Arena expects to start selling the new men's and women's jerseys this fall. I'm sure they will be available for purchase online at SiouxShop.com as well.

The Sioux Shop at Ralph Engelstad Arena expects to start selling the new men's and women's jerseys this fall. I'm sure they will be available for purchase online at SiouxShop.com as well.

They could sell me the one they currently have on display right now :p

It's not much, but you can kind of see what the new black North Dakota jerseys look like. Hopefully a Sioux fan attending the Frozen Four will be able to provide a better pic.

They should've send the #7 jersey to hang there. (Some will get it.)

It's not much, but you can kind of see what the new black North Dakota jerseys look like. Hopefully a Sioux fan attending the Frozen Four will be able to provide a better pic.

69q2pc.jpg

Looking at the jerseys you can see why the Indian head logo was the greatest in college sports, not just hockey. All the jerseys look similar in style with the curved lettering, the neck laces and/or the numbers on the chest. The Sioux jersey will be missed greatly.

I can't believe no one has said this about the new jerseys: Look folks, when you buy a replica or authentic Sioux Jersey there is no numbers on the jersey. I repeat there are no numbers. You have to order/pay to get numbering.

With the newer jerseys if you buy a replica, you'll have a totally different design!. It'll just say "North Dakota" and the graphic logo design won't be the same (authentic) as the players jerseys, with the North Dakota and then the numbers in the middle. How shoddy will those replica jerseys look? I feel so bad fore the fans next year and in the future that will buy these newer jerseys. Truly, very sad!

How has no one not brought this up, yet?

I can't believe no one has said this about the new jerseys: Look folks, when you buy a replica or authentic Sioux Jersey there is no numbers on the jersey. I repeat there are no numbers. You have to order/pay to get numbering.

With the newer jerseys if you buy a replica, you'll have totally different design!. It'll just say "North Dakota" and the graphic logo design won't be the same, with the North Dakota and then the numbers in the middle. How shoddy will those replica jerseys look? I feel so bad fore the fans next year and in the future that will buy this newer jerseys. Truly, very sad!

How has no one not brought this up?

Why would they do that? Have you seen the new replicas or how do you know what they will be?

Why would they do that? Have you seen the new replicas or how do you know what they will be?

When have you ever bought a Sioux jersey, either an authentic or replica that had numbers? The Sioux Shop isn't just going to make a plethora of jerseys with jersey #13 or some uncommon number to make it look like the current jerseys.

It'll just say North Dakota in a different design (with no number being in the middle), with no numbers. Which, ultimately won't mimic the true jersey, This will suck!

When have you ever bought a Sioux jersey, either an authentic or replica that had numbers? The Sioux Shop isn't just going to make a plethora of jerseys with jersey #13 or some uncommon number to make it look like the current jerseys.

It'll just say North Dakota in a different design (with no number being in the middle), with no numbers. Which, ultimately won't mimic the true jersey, This will suck!

There is no reason why they couldn't put numbers on the jerseys. They just couldn't put a name. Think of replica college football jerseys...they nearly all have numbers.

There is no reason why they couldn't put numbers on the jerseys. They just couldn't put a name. Think of replica college football jerseys...they nearly all have numbers.

That's because college football/basketball jerseys get numbered right at the factory in mass production. Sioux jerseys are a relatively small market in comparison and all name/number work gets outsourced. They could do it, but it would only add cost to the jerseys, at which point you might as well just leave it up to the customer so they can pick their own number (and potentially name).

I'd rather get a blank jersey so I can choose the name/number I want opposed to a random number anyways.

With the newer jerseys if you buy a replica, you'll have a totally different design!. It'll just say "North Dakota" and the graphic logo design won't be the same (authentic) as the players jerseys, with the North Dakota and then the numbers in the middle. How shoddy will those replica jerseys look? I feel so bad fore the fans next year and in the future that will buy these newer jerseys. Truly, very sad!

I don't really know how to say this but u may be missing how this jersey thing works.

First off, when u buy. Replica or authentic they will not have numbers, and that in no way makes it a totally different design.

The "North Dakota " and the numbers are not one unit that is dramatically changed if the numbers wouldn't be there.

When whatever is for sale and lets assume they sell "authentics" , if u want the exact look you need to send it off for customization.

The exact same way it is today, if u walk into thesioux shop and buy an authentic.... Which they are authentic, it of course will not look like what u saw in the final five, you would need to send it out for customization.

No difference if you look at the new practice jerseys you will see how the wordmarck looks without numbers....

In a way it actually works better, not as busy.

The easiest way to tell replica vs authentic is the shoulder patches. On replica jerseys, the shoulder patches are "iron-on" and not nearly as thick as an authentic jersey.

I do understand what you are saying, though. The number on the front is now likely something that will have to be added when you customize your jersey, which will now result in four sets of numbers (front, shoulders, and back) being added as opposed to three sets in past years.

I realize that usually they don't sell jerseys with players names and numbers on them while they are still in college. But couldn't the sioux shop sell these new jerseys with the number 23? That is a retired number and will never be worn by any UND player ever again. They could at least put @# on the front of the jersey so it doesn't look so weird. Just my opinion.