SiouxSports.com Forum

Jerseys

sioux7>5

Via Brad Schlossman on twitter: New WOMEN'S hockey jersey. Apparently the men's hockey jersey will be different. 29y2vwn.jpg

It kind of reminds me of an old gas station logo, or a cafe sign. Hopefully, this is just an "interim" solution until they get a better design.

Regarding the new womens home jersey:

1. This is why I said pick a new moniker right away. Control what is yours to control.

2. I'd say they borrowed conceptually from these, specifically the first link:

http://ts4.mm.bing.n...ld_dark_big.jpg

http://ts2.mm.bing.n...blues-jersey%2f

Regarding the new womens home jersey:

1. This is why I said pick a new moniker right away. Control what is yours to control.

2. I'd say they borrowed conceptually from these, specifically the first link:

http://ts4.mm.bing.n...ld_dark_big.jpg

http://ts2.mm.bing.n...blues-jersey%2f

These ugly jerseys make me want to sign petition :lol:. So not only do we have to share an interlocking ND with Notre Dame we're also ripping off the Minnesota Wild jersey design. Send these clowns back to the drawing board!

Call me crazy. I don't think its that bad. I don't see that many alternatives....its the interlocking ND or basically "North Dakota."

I see the mens jerseys being different, but I can't imagine it being much different. People won't like them one way or another.

Call me crazy. I don't think its that bad. I don't see that many alternatives....its the interlocking ND or basically "North Dakota."

I see the mens jerseys being different, but I can't imagine it being much different. People won't like them one way or another.

I agree. All things considered, they could be worse.

I also agree with Big A HG's blog that the "EST 1883" just seems out of place. If they use a similar design on the men's jerseys, perhaps it would look nice to fill that space with seven stars.

These ugly jerseys make me want to sign petition :lol:. So not only do we have to share an interlocking ND with Notre Dame we're also ripping off the Minnesota Wild jersey design. Send these clowns back to the drawing board!

By the way, we had the interlocking logo before Notre Dame did. And personally, I think the Green interlocking ND with the black shading is better than our old ND (and Notre Dam's for that matter).

What else is new about stealing designs. How many jerseys have their name diagonally across the jersey? Teams use popular designs as their own all the time. Not sure what the problem is. That Wild jersey is awesome!! I would like to see the date removed though. The 7 stars is a great idea.

By the way, we had the interlocking logo before Notre Dame did. And personally, I think the Green interlocking ND with the black shading is better than our old ND (and Notre Dam's for that matter).

What else is new about stealing designs. How many jerseys have their name diagonally across the jersey? Teams use popular designs as their own all the time. Not sure what the problem is. That Wild jersey is awesome!! I would like to see the date removed though. The 7 stars is a great idea.

I had heard that we had the interlocking ND before Notre Dame but I can't seem to find any evidence of it. The interlocking ND is most closely associated with the Irish and we deserve something original and unique to our institution. Let's be honest, this jersey design is no where close to being as nice as the design it's replacing. I would rather have seen just "North Dakota" on the jersey.

The stripes are the same as the Gopher men's jerseys as well.

That's pushing it, the majority of hockey jerseys have stripes on them not sure that the Gophers started that trend.

Of course Minnesota didn't start the trend of stripes on jerseys. Im just saying the stripes on UND's womens jerseys are the same as the Gopher mens team.

Can't we still use some Native American design themes within the jersey the keep the history without having a big head dress? I think that would be neat along with a North Dakota inscription or circular logo like the women have.

The College of William and Mary (moniker: Tribe) had a lettermark logo of "WM" with two feathers on it. The feathers had to go per the NCAA. Does that answer your question?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

I am just looking around for a few jerseys all in a size XL. I am looking for a Gemini Geometric and a updated sioux logo one, I am looking for the nike version too. I saw a few on ebay but I think people are bidding them up just to try and get the most money out of people. Please PM me if you have any of these jerseys laying around.

Thanks

If you're referring to the Nike dazzle on ebay that is at $285 (as I type this), it's a pretty good look at true market value. It's not being bid up more than what it's worth. I've had people ask me to sell mine for as much as $360 a piece before (turned them down). You have to remember, the jersey sold for over $200 when it was available, and now they are very hard to find and the name is going away.

• 3 weeks later...

If it wasn't for the fact that it's a total Minnesota Wild rip-off, this is actually a pretty sweet jersey.

It's nice, but I thought last weekend that the wording is a little too small to work well. (I watched on TV, so in-person might be better)

If it wasn't for the fact that it's a total Minnesota Wild rip-off, this is actually a pretty sweet jersey.

The women's jersey is starting to grow on me. Nice clean look. Someone mentioned, if it was to be used for the men, put 7 stars, representing the championships, on it.